8x always on wireless charger; bad thing to do?

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is pretty good, it last most the day on heavy use, but I was thinking about putting a few wireless charging plates throughout the house. I was wondering if I just happen to keep it on a plate when Im lounging if thats a bad thing that it would mostly always be charging when Im at home. Does the slower charging of the wireless charging make it ok? Just wondering about this, Thanks!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've never heard that from any reliable source, while every reliable source suggests you to rather charge too often than too rare. Battery life is most hurt by letting the battery go low charge.

NiMh batteries that were used some decade ago acted like that, charging too often was pretty much more detrimental to them, but not the case with Li-ion and LiPos.

Nurgling

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Lithium Ions don't have the memory problem.

As a Palm Pre and Palm Pre 2 user with induction chargers on my home desk, night stand, on the dashboard of my car, and on my work desk, I can assure you that it didn't diminish the battery capacity (and it was quite awesome having it topped off all the time with no effort in the process).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro