Hands-on with Demo unit at verizon

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Holding the demo unit at Verizon told me everything I needed to know about this phone - IT'S AWESOME. When I first walked in, there were only two associates working, and they were holding the blue 8x demo unit in admiration. Granted, the demo unit didn't have working electronics, but the feel of the phone (polycarbonate), color and weight were all identical to working units. Needless to say, I'm now in love with a phone, although I'm waiting for BB to carry the red version, so it will be a while before I get it. The associates told me the corporate store down the street carried a working demo, so I may head down there later.

I did checkout a functioning iPhone 5 and a demo DNA and Intuition while I was there too. The iPhone 5 definitely deserves the name "long phone", it seemed to awkward for my liking, and I found the speedier app switching noticeable, but not mind-blowing like I thought. I actually found myself admiring the 4S next to it, but of course I'm jumping ship to WP8, so it doesn't really matter. The DNA was definitely sizeable, but eerily LIGHTER than the 8X. I think Android is too busy and fragmented, so no DNA for me. The Intuition can be aptly described in one word - "ABSURD". It's a square! It is literally like holding a sandwich to your ear, it has about the same dimensions, save the depth.

Anyway, back to the 8X, definitely the best phone I've ever held and ever wanted to hold.

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the red 8X for Verizon from Target to take advantage of the low price while it was available. Here's hoping I don't have to wait too long (preaching to the choir, I know).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro