8X turns back on when I try to charge it

wpadvocate

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my 8x yesterday and am confused regarding this problem.

I can't get my phone to stay off and charge. I've had phones that would charge while they were shut off. But my 8X won't do it... Is there a setting I have to change or am I stuck with this?

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is normal. My Samsung Omnia 7 would also turn on when charging. You cant stop it.
I haven't seen an option to keep it turned off while charging.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They all do that. I don't see it as a problem. As long as you're not using it, the phone should charge just as quickly as if it were off.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time getting worked up over this issue, or the 'paused music' issue. I understand why they annoy people, they just don't annoy me.

Maybe an NFC tag by the bed to trigger a couple events like turning sound down and turning on airplane mode would solve this.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not just a WP thing. I can't think of any device I've owned in recent times that doesn't turn on while charging. It actually allows the device to regulate the amount of power the battery is getting, because it isn't good to keep a device at full charge for long durations of time.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not just a WP thing. I can't think of any device I've owned in recent times that doesn't turn on while charging. It actually allows the device to regulate the amount of power the battery is getting, because it isn't good to keep a device at full charge for long durations of time.

Uhmmm... iPhone?

Edit:

Just read that "you owned". No hate intended - it's just that iPhones do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb