HTX 8X poor phone signal pickup?

Rob Morgan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I live in a village with marginal coverage from all operators and recently upgraded my Nokia Lumia 800 to a new HTC 8X but I've had to regress because the signal pickup on the 8X is significantly poorer than the Lumia 800. Tried it in several locations around the house and it either won't register or is at 1 bar (and so won't take a call successfully) where the Nokia is at 3 bars and can take a call. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

UPDATE December 2012. Swapped the HTC 8X for a new Nokia Lumia 820 as they're now available SIM free in the UK. Signal in my house significantly better, now can receive calls and texts OK. Screen indicator is registering 2-3 bar where the 8X was off net. Not as good as my old Lumia 800, but definately better than the HTC. I'm on GSM only where I live so this may not be the case for 3G/4G signals.

Last edited:

David Horn

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine is pretty appalling as well - my Galaxy Nexus used to get a signal all over the house but the 8X can only just hang on to one bar in the upstairs bedroom. Everything else is a "No Service" area.

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I lose signal in places where my wife's Galaxy SII still has one. Boggles the mind
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Rob Morgan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It's GSM where I live, and the EE (used to be Orange) UK network. Maybe the 8X is tuned better for 3G type networks but I'm unlikely to ever see one locally.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have this too inside. It is like two or one bars max but the reception itself is fine. My international GS3 was like this too until the JB update. Signal strength apps said the GS3 connection was strong but it never reached full bars until the JB update. I think it is just understating signal strength like the GS3 was. The next update should fix it by overstating(lying out of their teeth) like Apple does.

Update. My LTE signal is 1 or 2 bars indoors but 3 outside. However, when I change it to 4g only, its a solid 4 bars inside and 5 outside.

So either our LTE radios are screwed or our service providers lied about having tons of LTE towers everywhere.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans