State of the HTC 8x and its HORRIBLE battery

sibrecat

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My live battery tile only ever says 99% but if i click on it, it then says 100% charging when fully charged
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Return it if you already have been using for a few days. The battery life does improve with time. Seem like you have a defective unit.

Idling, mine consumed this past Sunday about 15% in a 12 hr period. I think it's fine. I haven been getting 12 hr with moderate use (but poor signal coverage, which drains batteries faster) and it's been improving daily since I got it last week.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not the best battery on the market, but I get 12 hours pretty easily with normal use on 4G, wifi is on, plenty of live tiles, NFC is off, getting some push notifications for twitter, a few games. Run all day from 7am to 7pm, still have 20% or so left.

Far better than my HD7s, that's for sure.

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I charged my phone overnight. Stopped chaging about 10am.
I have sent the usual texts,20+ mins on Wordfeud, 20 mins playing Peekaboo with my nephew, half a dozen photos, some time on people hub.
Its currently at ?2% and states 6 hours left.
If I dont use it much it will last me to the morning.

My batter is not as bad as people make it out to be.

Here's my power settings.

Email - Sync Daily
Internet Sharing - Off
WiFi on - connected
Bluetooth - Off
Tap+Send - Off
Location - Off
Backup - On
Brightness - Automatic
Feedback - Disabled

I think these are the things which affect battery the most and as I dont use these features I keep them off. When I need NFC I'll enable it. Same with Bluetooth

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It sucks that we have turn off everything to get any decent battery life

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Dude you've swapped multiple phones. WHY? This thread is useless, please use ONE 8X for AT LEAST two weeks and THEN post a thread about you *****ing about the battery. Any battery sucks the first few days.

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Dude you've swapped multiple phones. WHY? This thread is useless, please use ONE 8X for AT LEAST two weeks and THEN post a thread about you *****ing about the battery. Any battery sucks the first few days.

I'm not so sure you can easily swap phones after 14 days. Isn't the return period only 14 days or two weeks? It's always a tough argument against warranty claims too...

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Pay attention to what apps you have installed...I've heard whatsapp and Groupon are two that are fairly battery hungry. Also try disabling the HTC lockscreen app and background tasks.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't swap with the store you bought it from. It's not their fault. They didn't manufacture the phone. It's HTC's fault. That is why you have that one year warranty. Swap phones with them.

Simple as that derp.

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I swapped within my 14 days per tmo. I find it ridiculous I have to wait around for "the battery to get better" on a $600 phone. there is no proof these batteries improve with time.

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just now finished my second run it 'til it dies battery torture test. It really does seem to do some good with the calibration of the battery monitor, and the battery its self. I live in a sucky signal area, very remote. I drive into and out of service all day. When I'm at the shop I have a 3g network extender. I had at least one 30 minute conversation, and maybe 5 other 5 minute ones. Texts, emails, videos on youtube, 5 minutes of data sharing with my Surface, etc... The phone "unplugs" its self at 7 in the morning when my outlet turns off, and the phone shut down at 5:50pm local time.11ish hours ain't bad.

I was worried that the battery would really suck after reading threads like this one. I'm one of those who always carried a spare battery, I carry multiple pocket knives or tools, you know the type. (no pocket protector though) haha But this makes me think that I'll just get one of those emergency battery things that takes AA's and just carry that for the extreme emergency case. Otherwise my battery seems fine for normal use. Stay near an outlet when you need to do more stuff on the phone, or carry some alternate means of charging, and you're good to go.

mkelso27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 8x for less than a week and I am getting 12 hours or more a day with normal use (had 48% battery left after 12 hours today). If I use it heavily, it may drop down to 10 hours; but it seems to keep getting better everyday. I don't understand the battery problems some people are having, but I heard somewhere that it might have something to do with gmail. I don't use gmail, so I can't say about that.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am having no battery issues with my 8x as of yet. Just received it on Monday and thus far, I got 1 day 9 hours of average use with nothing turned off except NFC, before having to charge it back up.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Having great battery life so far as well. Have 60% left. It's about 7PM and it was off charger since about 9AM. Moderate usage and have my emails accounts pushing updates as they arrive.
Sent from my HTC Windows Phone 8x using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss