State of the HTC 8x and its HORRIBLE battery

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
That's really good life. I generally plug in around 10pm at night after all day moderate use and it's pretty much drained, so about 16 hours.

esheafer

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite pleased with mine. I'm on Verizon (got the black one). While at first it was only getting about 8 hours, that has completely changed. It has almost been 2 weeks now and I can go about 2 days. I use it moderately for email, browsing, a quick game, messaging, few phone calls, some FB checks. I do actively have 3 email accounts syncing, weather, FB, some games. I leave location and WiFi on ALL the time. See the attached screenshot. It shows battery info at the bottom. You can see the lats time I charged was 2 days ago and I still have 17% left (should last me another hour or so). I typically start charging when the battery is at 10%. I will also attach a screen shot of the battery graph.

I did selectively follow this advice as well: http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/203318-battery-tricks-tips-htc-8x.html

Good luck! :grin:
View attachment 24090
View attachment 24091

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I found this interesting.

I just received my 8x for Verizon today. Battery life was draining pretty fast, even just in stand by. I've already let it drain once today
and the battery seems a bit better but still draining fast. I don't have any emails synced yet, and all I've installed is Facebook and YouTube. I also have NFC and
bluetooth off. I also noticed upon first full charge that battery didn't reach 100% (it stayed at 99% - even after I rebooted it)

I did also download Battery Level for WP8. Just moments ago I noticed that Battery Level told me that I have 61% battery left,
which is usually represented by the battery icon looking about half full. I also looked in Battery Saver and it also said I was at 60%.
Yet the battery icon that displayed at the top of my homescreen looked a lot closer to full: like they didn't match up.
(This information was after the phone had been unplugged from 99% for only 3 hours and a 45 minute phone call)

Not sure what this could mean about the battery (if anything at all).

24pw4et.jpg

aigi_nr1

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Seems there is job for app developers or for Microsoft - make Auto on/off function. I love this on my Bold 9900, set that from 00.00 till 05.00 phone is off and you can save tup to 50% of battery.

anon(730643)

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You know what dude, I'm not even going to try to blow smoke up your backside. I have a Galaxy Nexus(extended battery!)..anytime I used that thing with LTE and the screen on it would eat through the battery..sometimes reaching 50% in 20 minutes. HTX 8X...same uses maybe 10% at most. It's been suprising...so I'd urge to keep trying. I also followed the battery saver guide closely.

Workbook89

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been conditioning the battery for the past 2 weeks (charge it up, let it run down to single digits, repeat).

I am a fairly moderate user (surf the web on 4g LTE a couple of times a day... maybe 20 minutes of calls per day... 2 dozen text messages... 50 emails... etc.). I can squeeze out about 30 hours on a single charge.

I'm happy.

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You know what dude, I'm not even going to try to blow smoke up your backside. I have a Galaxy Nexus(extended battery!)..anytime I used that thing with LTE and the screen on it would eat through the battery..sometimes reaching 50% in 20 minutes. HTX 8X...same uses maybe 10% at most. It's been suprising...so I'd urge to keep trying. I also followed the battery saver guide closely.

I don't get 4G at my house though. Just 3G.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone thursday, woke up friday morning, completely dead, wont charge, had to return it and order a new one. Crossed my finger the new one will work properly when it comes on Monday

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
All this turn off this, turn off that is bull. I have been on the phone with htc all day. My settings and apps have been the same since day one. Yesterday I recorded video and today my battery has been draining like crazy while idle. Either hardware or software, but htc escalated to the top because I did nothing new except record video. Microsoft needs to let us know what the crap is going on!

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd chime in to say that I started off getting about 18 hours battery life. I've had the phone about 1.5 weeks now and I'd say I'm now getting an easy 24 hours per charge with moderate usage. I have absolutely no problems with the battery life of my 8X. I mainly use the people hub, make calls, text, watch youtube and surf the web (8X accounts for an easy 50% of my web browsing in a day).

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
My AT&T 8X gives me, after four days of ownership, about 16 hours on a charge (with heavy push e-mail and social media). My T-Mo Galaxy S III only did about eight or nine hours on a charge.

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I didnt read this thread, I just wanted to jump in and give my battery status. I have a black 8x from verizon, I put it on a wireless charger every night. I sync facebook, twitter, & gmail. I have plenty of live tiles going. I get great battery life. I can use the gps on maps, take pictures, talk, and browse emails/internet and am usually 49-69% by the evening (im out of bed at around 5am). To me thats great, way better than I thought. Have been using it for about 3 weeks since Nov 15th.

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone since Thursday now and the battery situation hasn't gotten much better for me.

I will probably lose 5-10% battery life per hour just in stand by (even in full bar 4G signal).

I may try and factory restart it in a day or two to see if that does anything. If it's not showing any signs of getting better by
this Thursday I may take it back (to Wal Mart where I purchased it) and try to get a replacement.

I just feel like this shouldn't have to be an issue. It's totally ruined a lot of my initial excitement for the phone and it's
kinda sad because I really do like Windows 8! (coming from a Verizon iPhone 4).

Also, what is HTC's actual warranty for the phone? Or do you have to go through Verizon only? (or Wal-Mart / Best Buy depending on
where you purchased it)

futurix

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My 8X's battery was really bad in the first two days (OK, first day was probably because of all the apps being installed and myself playing with a new toy) - but then battery life was okay and after about a week it got pretty much to a great state. I charge phone every other day, and can leave it over the entire weekend without charge (I use it less during the weekends because I've got no life outside work, duh).

My settings: pretty much everything is set to ON, except Tap+Send and Bluetooth. I have location and feedback enabled. No Skype. One push e-mail account (GMail set as Exchange server).

One other thing: since setting up phone I had at least two Attentive Phone updates, so that might have fixed something. Also, first AP update appeared only after about 24 hours of phone usage, even though I know it was already available in general (so it takes a while to get pushed to the phone).

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My settings: pretty much everything is set to ON, except Tap+Send and Bluetooth. I have location and feedback enabled. No Skype. One push e-mail account (GMail set as Exchange server).

I have the exact same settings and my battery is quite the opposite. I unplugged my battery 2 hours ago and I'm already down to 66% battery life and all I did was browse twitter and the internet for a bit (and sent a few texts).

Also, I haven't noticed one Attentive Phone update and I've had the phone for 5 days. :/

mikebui

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! i just used 8X for one day...I don't know why it took to long to fully charged battery. How long does it take for charging battery?my iphone 5 just less than 1 hour to fully charged when i plugged into my macbook air

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss