Not very scratch proof!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Aww geez I really wasn't trying to buy a screen protector, but you guys are scaring me!

I just picked up my 8x from Verizon yesterday and grabbed one of those rubber cases they had (first time over ever put a case on a device). I don't like screen protectors, they take away from the natural beauty. Looks like I'll be buying one on amazon in about 60 seconds.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I am now totally convinced that there are some bad batches of the 8X out there because I can't be this lucky.... I've already posted in another thread where people's 8X are going black around the corners and staining. Mine has been through **** and back and is looking like new. No black corners. The same goes for the glass. My 4 year old leaves my phone face down on the table, slides it off, chucks it down in the couch and all sorts. It's still in mint condition. Not a mark on on it.

Also, I've never had a reboot. Not one.

There is no way on earth that I am lucky enough to have avoided these issues by chance. There has to be a bad batch of phones out there.

p.s Now I've written this post, I expect my phone will get scratched, reboot and turn black. That's karma lol

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Haha, my only complaint is that my screen spazzes out every now and then. Pretty sure its a bad screen. I'm going to swap phones at Verizon at sometime this week.

Oh, and I just bought 3 screen protectors on amazon for $3 free shipping just in case! ;)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Go with Zagg. I use them on all my devices. They are vrtually invisible and don't take anything away from the touch experience. They are guaranteed for life an are WORTH every penny.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I swear I'm not making this up but my phone just rang, the screen stayed black but the buttons lit up. I couldn't get it to respond and when I hit the power button it just rebooted. I can't believe it was only a matter of hours after making that post up there that my phone decided to kick my ass lol.

Hopefully just a minor glitch as it rebooted and is fine now. Don't underestimate karma lol

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I believe the screen has an anti glare laminate on top of the glass. That is what has scratched. To me at least, explains why the glass feels so slick to the touch.

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
in knife test we have seen the back surface of the body doesn't get any scratches.. Is this only for the poly carbounate body or also for the matte finished black.. Does the black matte one survives back scratches

Lyssa B

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Less than 36 hours after I got my phone, I had superficial scratches that were noticeable in bright light near the edges of the screen. Luckily I got it exchanged because there was a speck in the glass (not a dead pixel) and I slapped a screen protector on the new 8x right away. I've also heard that it's the coating on the glass that's scratching, not the gorilla glass itself. Still, that's a major problem that HTC needs to fix!

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just read WPC's article about the Lumia 920 falling off of surfaces, and responded because I have indeed experienced the slipperyness of the 920.

Unfortunately, my friend took it a step further and slid it back and forth across a table, for an "Air-Hockey" effect, which worked, but loaded up my 3 week old 920 with scratches. Not sure if I should get it fixed or try to ask for a new phone. Either way, the next one will have a screen protector on it! Life happens!

DocSaw

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I found this forum this morning. I wanted to add my two cents. I converted from an iphone that I never used a screen protector with. I didnt like the touch response with them, so I didnt even think that I would need it with this phone, especially with the Gorilla Glass. After years of use, ny iphone was scratch free. I still love my windows phone and will not go back but I am very disappointed with the scratches that just suddenly appeared. Looks like I am going to have to get a screen protector and maybe even try one of the scratch removal suggestions above.

Still love my HTC 8X windows phone!

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors are impossible to put on this phone, and all phones for the matter. That's why im not sure if im gonna get some for my next phone or not, because my screen protectors always leave my phone having air bubbles. ALWAYS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05