Will the Nokia Charger work on the 8x?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a standard Qi charger, so yes it will work. In fact, when I was at the Verizon store yesterday they had the 8X sitting on a Nokia charging plate.

rdlm

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I assume so, since I assume it uses the same Qi standard. But I just checked the Verizon website, went to the DT-900 page, and used the button to check phone compatibility, and it says: 'This accessory is not compatible with your device'. I suspect that tthe website is wrong, and they really are compatible, but? If someone has tried it, please post your results!

Note: I bought an LG WCP-700 (Verizon branded) and returned it because I HATE one of their features. Specifically, the pad beeps (a pretty loud beep) whenever charging starts or completes. That sounds great, but: I have the charging pad sitting on my nightstand. In the middle of the night, it beeps to tell me the charge is complete -- loud enough to wake me. Worse: The phone then sits with charging off, and after a while, the charge level drops down just a bit. Guess what? The charge cycle re-starts with yet another loud beep, tops off, beeps again, repeat. And there is no way to turn this "feature" off. It appears the Nokia pad has an LED but no sound.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I was able to charge my 8x at the Verizon store with both the Nokia and Verizon pads. I went with the Verizon since the 8x was seemingly bigger than the Nokia and I had to position it perfectly to get it to charge. The Verizon pad is much bigger and it was easy to drop it on to charge.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss