HTc 8x phone update error code (80070002)

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. was checking to see if MS/HTC pushing out any update and got " We are currently unable to check for updates. (800700002) error today. I have power off/on a few times but still the same error. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix? Thanks.

edit. Just try to back up phone app setting and got same error. wont let me back up. I was going to try a back up then reboot phone but o well.

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I've not had the same issue. Might be a temporary server or network issue. I wouldn't worry about it unless it continues for more than a day or two.

You're not missing anything, there's no updates and if there were, there would be people here screaming about it.

Ray Metz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the same error. Just noticed it. I read an article that there is a new 8X update out this morning so I was trying to find and apply it when I noticed the error. Hopefully it will go away in a day or two.

dgantz

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Verizon 8X model. What concerns me more, though, is that I get the same error code when trying to backup my app list and settings. Looking at other forums that talk about this same error code on Windows Vista and Windows 7, they mention that there is a directory in the file system that can be cleared out to get past this error. Considering Windows Phone 8 is based on the same kernel, and I would presume the same file system structure as the desktop versions, the fix/workaround for the 80070002 errors should be the same, shouldn't it?

Thai Chau

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting this error, which started today. Also as weird is my 8X is acting up all over the place; tiles/apps won't open on first try, can't access settings for emails, and other things. What's going on?

geekpryde

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
HTc 8x phone update error code (80070002)

Have his problem, for about 7 days now. Restart did not fix it. Lame, Verizon will probably finally release Portico soon, and I wont be able to get it because of this freaking error!

geekpryde

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
awfully quiet in here, I assume that means most people don't have this error? Has anyone fixed this error, who had it? How did you do it?

8XSD

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I gave in after a week of no help from the forums and binging. I end up doing a complete restore reseting everything.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I had this error on my phone when I wanted to check manually yesterday. I just hit "check for updates" and it was gone.

Maybe there are temporary problems with the update server.

Peter Kelly

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had this same issue for well over a month now. Has anyone solved with something other than a reset. I would like to avoid doing that a third time.

geekpryde

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Issue still happening for 2 months now. I tried everything I can think of, only thing left to do is hard reset, which I've been Avoiding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre