Nokia Charging Pad and 8x = Amazing

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Found a charging pad at my local Verizon store and had to pick it up. I'm loving this phone even more now that I can charge it wirelessly! :smile:

geekpryde

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My store had none in stock, but I ordered one to be shipped to me the night I picked up my 8x. I hope I love it as much as you do, but if I dont, I dont mind charging the old fashioned way. But it would be cool!

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what I wanted to know, I have a 8X and read that only Verizon 8X use wireless charging, can anyone confirm that it is only Verizon models and not any other.

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
At that point, why not just use a regular car charger?
I'm actually wanting to get a Nokia charging plate and somehow integrate it with a ProClip holder for my car. After work, I get into the car, slide it into the holder, and it starts charging. And it can play music over bluetooth. No muss, no fuss. Very handy...and less wear on the MicroUSB port on the phone.

zero157h7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have looked at specs and there is no indication that it is thicker. Also, I got the LG wireless charging pad and it works great as well. You can get them on ebay for around $40.

hair10

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Found a charging pad at my local Verizon store and had to pick it up. I'm loving this phone even more now that I can charge it wirelessly! :smile:
Been doing this for years with my Palm Pre. Part of my reason to moving to the WinPhone8 are the wireless charging options! :)

hair10

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Regarding wireless charging...

My verizon store had an 8X on a nokia charging pad so I know it works. I compared the 8x to the 822 (ended up with the 822). The 8x is slightly taller and the 822 is slightly thicker. It's just barely thicker but seems more so due to the 8x's curved back.

I opted for the 822 because of the nokia apps (drive & music) and because it has a removable battery (the 8X does not). Wireless charging was something that I was looking for and both phones do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99