HTC 8x stuck at boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

machina

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
yep same here!
I think there's a serious bug in the boot sequence (hopefully HTC fixes it soon!)

My battery was almost depleted, and died when I was watching a trailer.
The phone was off for like 15 minutes before I got to work.
When I hooked it up to my PC to charge, it kept buzzing on a black screen and it wouldn't boot.

I found out how to do a Hardware Reset on the HTC 8x which was very helpful..

I figured that the phone was trying to boot every time it buzzed.
So I waited a second or 2 after the buzz and held the Volume down until the HTC logo finally came on screen
(I did this a dozen times until it worked).

PS. If you're looking at the Hardware Reset procedure, I was holding the Volume down only (not the power button)
When it didn't work, I would release the Volume down, wait 1-2 seconds after the buzz and hold the Volume down again. It eventually worked.

To Perform a Master/Factory Reset via Hardware on the HTC 8X

If you can’t access the settings of your smartphone or can’t even turn it on, you can perform the reset using the buttons of the handset.

1. Turn the phone off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and then briefly press the Power button.
3. When you see an icon on the screen, release the Volume Down button.
4. Now press Volume Up -> Volume Down -> Power -> Volume Down.

Read more: How-to: Update and Hard Reset Your HTC Windows Phone 8X/ HTX 8X

Last edited:

joseph huntru

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC evo 4g

i have a evo 4g phone and i was watching a youtube video when the power died. i tried to turn it back on but it wont get past the icon screen. i read that you can restart your phone using the down button. my down button doesnt work what should i do now....... help please

xr0x0rx

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I reset my phone, during the restart it just stuck at boot screen! Any suggestions how I can fix it!?

Thanks

Hey Mate,
I'm also facing the exact same issue like you .. Item was factory reset and when It was restarted it stucks at verizon logo boot screen forever. Also low charging sign keeps showing up on every restart. Is there a easy/manual way to solve this issue or I should send this back to verizon ?

pl reply asap.

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Try doing a hard reset by holding volume down, camera and power button all at once for 10 seconds I believe. I had to do this 5x and on my 5th try it rebooted fully. (920)

Hope that helps you.

HTC hard reset might be different.

xr0x0rx

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Try doing a hard reset by holding volume down, camera and power button all at once for 10 seconds I believe. I had to do this 5x and on my 5th try it rebooted fully. (920)

Hope that helps you.

HTC hard reset might be different.

Yes , for HTC 8x method of hard reset is different. I followed this link for hard reset : HTC 8X hard reset - PDA Smartphone PNA hard reset soft reset
However I'm facing the issue in the first step itself.. I'm not able to turn off the phone fully as when I press power button for long, phone just restarts. briefly pressing power button doesn't do anything.

Pl help !!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

i have a evo 4g phone and i was watching a youtube video when the power died. i tried to turn it back on but it wont get past the icon screen. i read that you can restart your phone using the down button. my down button doesnt work what should i do now....... help please
The Evo 4G is an Android device, not a Windows Phone device. There is a sister site called Android Central that has friendly folks who will be able to help you.

If you post your question on the Android Central Forums, I am sure that some friendly folks will help. :smile:

Teresa Elliott

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I am having the same problem... Again. This is especially frustrating since it's my birthday and I can't talk to my friends or family. This is already my 2nd HTC 8x phone. Anyone know what to do aside from get another phone again?

Thanks.

Kelvin Lam

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just got this phone and now i am also stuck on the boot screen and it seems the battery won't charge as it's constantly flashing the orange LED.

should i return it?

Tberndt

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I do have a windows 8 HTC phone. It's stuck in a reboot cycle over and over. How do you stop that? If I have to do the factory reset how do I do that since I can't power the phone off to start the process?

Simon Dazel

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to bump the thread:

I've tried the soft reset: (power + volume down) and i just get stuck on the htc startup screen.
i then tried the hard reset:(power + camera + down volume) and i get stuck on a screen that has bar codes, my imei number and serial numbers..

any more ideas?

agsalinas

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, having the same problem, the hard reset procedure is not working as soon as i press the volume down or power button in the UP, DOWN, POWER, DOWN sequence, my phone boots again so its not entering the factory reset mode. Can anyone help me?? Im desperated!!

The Scag

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Im facing same BS... HTC are basically useless at helping here, just deferring to their outsourced repairers... Who $50 just to quote for repair....
HTC are Crap... Crap, Crap, did I mention they are Crap.
Nokia provide tools to help you out of this type of mess, HTC give you jack **** !
And their Aussie service center Fonebiz, what an oxymoron, and the moron part is relative too ...

D3UR

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
my phone have two months bricked and i cant do a hard reset this a video trying to explain the power bottom dont turn on the phone, the phone only turn on when I plug in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs