Verizon HTC 8x no Nokia drive?

krazy_kaktus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought Nokia released Nokia maps and Nokia drive for all wp8 devices. I have the maps but when I want directions im being forced to use verizons GPS direction system. This is horrible. They want $1.99 a month for this crappy service.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Nokia have been skechy on this saying they are making it available to other OEM's. My feeling is that they mean 'available for a price'. I would get the Garmin app or something similar. It's not free, but it will be cheaper than paying Verizon.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Seriously. I have no need for Nokia maps, Bing maps, google turn by turn maps. I am a man with a wonderful sense of direction. All you need do, is find it once, save and proceed. Bing provides that. How is the sound?? Makes me feel a little good inside..

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If I remember right, southern New Mexico, was like it was up North. I had 8 years in Taos. I've heard literally "Turn off the highway at the VW bus. After the arroyo, a mile down, turn right at the burnt tree. A mile later you'll see the water tank. The three legged dog will be in the drive right after. You turn in there. If you see any sheep, turn around."

I miss New Mexico so much....

daverath

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Playing around, I deleted the VZ Navigator app and from my directions list, there's simply no button in the bottom menu to navigate now. I hope there's an API for map developers to add their app as the default navigation because I like having the navigate button in bing maps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3