Cheapest unlocked 16gb Blue 8X

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Keep doing what you're doing. Check Amazon, NewEgg, GSM Nation, MobileCityOnline...etc... That what I do to get the best price on an unlocked GSM phone from a reliable vendor. You're on the right track :smile:

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I paid ?379 for mine and got ?10 credit thrown in. So ?369 for the handset. Which is damn cheap I think, for the UK anyway. That was at a Phones4U shop in town.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm in the U.S. and am looking to use it on T-Mobile (their $30 plan).
I will be travelling to Canada next month, and abroad during the summer. Might be doing an exchange program too, so having an unlocked phone is really important. Is there a difference between UK version vs. US vs. any other ones in terms of connecting to the networks in the USA? If there's anything I should watch out for, that'd be great too!

Thanks for everyone's replies so far!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If you are buying an imported phone make sure you find out the origin of the phone. My HTC 7 Trophy is from Germany and my Samsung Galaxy S2 is from Greece. Whenever I up date either phone it goes back to it's native language. If you got an import from asia or the middle east it maybe real hard to figure out how to get it back to English.

Some people will flash their imported phone to a different country code. I haven't done that because there is always the chance of bricking your phone when you flash it.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
The negri device won't work on TMO's 3g, you need to make sure it supports the 1700 band under the 3g label.

You may actually want to go with the rogers Lumia 920. It's pentaband I've heard, and I think you can get it unlocked on Negri for ~700. You're going to be paying a lot regardless, though. If you aren't keen on 3g then you're fine with the negri one.

Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 (Rogers) (Unlocked) (Black) this will work everywhere in the world, except Japan I believe.

You may also want to check and see if the Ebay one is 1700 for 3g as well. They don't have the UMTS bands lists.

You may just want to call Tmobile, tell them your story, and ask them if you buy an off contract TMO device if they can give you the unlock code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre