Second work pone: 920 or 8X???? Advice needed.

ourabmen

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello and thanks in advance for the input. I am on the horns of a dilemma: My company is pulling our blackberry's (thank god) and moving to a stipend for our mobile assets. I have been a long time iPhone user, but the iphone leaves me nonplussed for what they are asking for it. I do like the form factor the larger screens provided by the HTC and Nokia's latest WP* offerings.

A little about what I am looking for in a second device:
1. I need good integration with MS exchange, that is what we use enterprise wide.
2. I dont need cloud based storage for word doc's, excel files, power point, etc. The mothership prohibits the loading of company info into any clud based system.
3. Looking for a larger screen than the iPhone 5: reading emails, opening and surveying word docs and excel files on the iPhone is a pain in the can.
4. Apps: I am an old cuss, don't spend a lot of time surfing the web for enjoyment, light use for work on the fly, when I really need it. Could care less about about twitter, instagram, face book updates etc. I need good outlook integration, excellent maps and voice turn by turn nav, airline, hotel, rental car apps for work related travel, urban spoon, open table for setting reservations for clients. Photo's can be managed by old tech plugged in sync. Lastly, good battery life (anything improvement on my iPhone 4s would be welcomed, it stinks).

Thanks again for any advice and input that you may have.
All the best,
ourabmen

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Your company could use a Synology server for could storage, these are very affordable. There are multiple Windows Phone 8 apps available in the store for Diskstations.
Search the store for "Synology" apps.
As to Nokia or HTC... for Business, I use a 8X, good phone.
(In our company, we use Synology Servers... they work very well if you get them with pre installed server disks from Western Digital)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon