8X and Ghost Armor

jontay02

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've used Ghost Armor on my previous 2 phones and it works nice. However, the back/side covers tend to peel and it is a wet install that takes about a day to settle.

For my 8X I bought the Zagg shield directly from T-Mobile since I didn't want to wait. It's a dry install and it's less "rubbery" than the clear body shield from Ghost Armor. Dry install can be a pain because once it's on that's it. With a wet install you at least can adjust. Anyway, if you go Ghost Armor usually stick with the carbon fiber style wraps since they are much more durable than the clear ones.

hey bud, could you take a pic of your 8x with ZAGG on it? wanna know the final outcome of it. thanks!

unit_three

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
hey bud, could you take a pic of your 8x with ZAGG on it? wanna know the final outcome of it. thanks!

9Vn4u.jpg

Wn6Hh.jpg

Y8Pah.jpg

LC4fX.jpg

fc2h0.jpg

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just installed my ghost armor (front screen cover only) and there is certainly orange peel but not as bad as BSE, Skinomi, and nowhere near as horrible as zagg (sorry to the other guy who is using it).

the fitment is pretty spot on, but it does not wrap all the way around the edges. I guess you could get it to if you stretched it, but it clearly was not cut for that size. it is about 1.5mm short of covering the sides.

it also seems a bit short on the bottom but it extends far enough that you can put the phone face down without worrying.

i have a fair amount of tiny bubbles (my install was dust free) so i'll wait a couple days to see if they disappear before i start complaining

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
small update:

removed the ghost armor.

it's just not the same.

i'm leaving the screen bare unless SGP releases something for the 8x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member