So I'm wondering if anyone else with an 8X can tell me if they've had any issues using an audio out cable to connect their headphone jack to the AUX port in their car. I have a plane cable I've been using in my car with several phones now, but it refuses to work with my 8X.

I've even taken the cable into the Verizon store where I got my 8X and tried it on their 8X with no luck. But the cable works correctly when I hook it into a Lumia 822 or any other device. On the 8X the music just keeps playing out of the phone's speaker, yet all headphones and speaker cables (ones that are wired directly into say computer speakers) work just fine for me.

Is there something the 8X is looking for when a cable is plugged in that mine doesn't do? Any help would be great!
    11-28-2012 01:15 PM
    I can just tell you that my 8x works with my car stereo over aux...when i plug it in sound goes through car stereo...
    11-28-2012 02:12 PM
    I have the same exact problem and I just assume that it's the length/style of the connector on the aux cable. I can plug it into anything else and it works great, but when I use my 3.5 to aux adapter on my home stereo it won't work.
    mtsmedly likes this.
    11-28-2012 03:27 PM
    I have the same exact problem and I just assume that it's the length/style of the connector on the aux cable. I can plug it into anything else and it works great, but when I use my 3.5 to aux adapter on my home stereo it won't work.
    Glad to hear it's not just me. But also makes me wonder what's so different about the cables we're using for AUX input that the 8X doesn't like them.
    11-28-2012 06:38 PM
    did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem playing the audio out via Aux with HTC 8S but the 3.5mm connector works with all other devices
    03-20-2013 01:07 AM