People with the rebooting issue

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
do me a favor and check under settings / email accounts and see if you have "not up to date" in blue text under facebook and error code: 83CF3105 when you click on it.

No Idea why this is happening BUT everytime my device starts doing it's reboot thing... this issue is happening as well

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I only have the main Microsoft account set up and it sync well. Having said that, I haven't had any reboots (knocks on wood) since receiving the phone two weeks ago.
What mail providers have you set up?

SLO Eclipse

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Had only one reboot 2 weeks ago, otherwise it was ok. But than just today I had 4 all happening in a span of 1 hour. I used the phone normally, took a couple of pictures, uploaded one on fb and installed an app for 1 minute before deleting it because it was useless. I have everything on except for nfc and bluetooth and am dazzled because I really don't see what could cause the reboots, unless there are some hidden background processes.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
do me a favor and check under settings / email accounts and see if you have "not up to date" in blue text under facebook and error code: 83CF3105 when you click on it.

No Idea why this is happening BUT everytime my device starts doing it's reboot thing... this issue is happening as well

Not got that - all my accounts are synced - this will be my last day of putting up with a busted phone - got HTC doing a direct exchange with me at work tomorrow. Woop Woop!!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I started to get reboots this weekend and just check and my account is the Google account that has an error. I long press on it, and press on Sync and now it is fine. Each I will get a reboot, I will check if it happens again.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You happen to live near me. Must be the only two 8X's in Romford :)

Still waiting on a replacement from HTC so technically you have the only working 8X in Romford. Every time i see my phone reboooting or have to reboot myself due to a sim error im wishing i could get into the registry and change HTC's boot logo from quietly brilliant to quietly broken.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What's the point of returning your phone or getting mad at HTC? The problem is obviously not on their end. Microsoft announced their with be a patch in December to fix the rebooting issue. Getting a new phone is not going to help.

Unless the rebooting issue and the sim card issue are unrelated problems, then in that case the sim card problem might be HTC's fault.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What's the point of returning your phone or getting mad at HTC? The problem is obviously not on their end. Microsoft announced their with be a patch in December to fix the rebooting issue. Getting a new phone is not going to help.

Unless the rebooting issue and the sim card issue are unrelated problems, then in that case the sim card problem might be HTC's fault.

It may very well help, as there are plenty of 8x users with no reboot issues.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
That's irrelavant because if the problem is triggered by a certain set of actions, they might simply be avoiding those actions and not triggering the problem.

That's a lot of "ifs" and "might be" statements considering we have no idea what the real reboot problem relates to. The reality is that if you exchange your phone and no longer have the reboot issue, you likely won't really care why.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's irrelavant because if the problem is triggered by a certain set of actions, they might simply be avoiding those actions and not triggering the problem.

Give me your address and I will send you my phone. We can do a swap. After a days use you can come back on here and tell me who i should be pointing the finger at.

You think that because MS have said they are puttting out a patch its their fault? Maybe its becasue HTC are clueless and MS are the only ones that can fix it. So yeah I could wait for the December reboot patch, great no more reboots. Sim error patch? Shutdown patch? MMS fail patch? Office docs skydrive sync patch? Random app shutdown patch? When are they coming?
Ive been given a faulty phone. The phone is made by HTC. Its HTC's fault and when they mess me about with promised dates for delivery of a new phone I've got every right to get mad at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Give me your address and I will send you my phone. We can do a swap. After a days use you can come back on here and tell me who i should be pointing the finger at.

I'm telling you this using logic. If Microsoft is capable of fixing it, which they announced that they are, that means it HAS to be a software problem.

You can do what you please, I was simply trying to teach you something about how phones work. And just so you know, I'm having the same problem as everyone else. My phone has sim card errors constantly and reboots itself. But I'm not going to go 15 days without my phone and risk getting a new phone with the same problems.

You think that because MS have said they are puttting out a patch its their fault? Maybe its becasue HTC are clueless and MS are the only ones that can fix it. So yeah I could wait for the December reboot patch, great no more reboots. Sim error patch? Shutdown patch? MMS fail patch? Office docs skydrive sync patch? Random app shutdown patch? When are they coming?
Ive been given a faulty phone. The phone is made by HTC. Its HTC's fault and when they mess me about with promised dates for delivery of a new phone I've got every right to get mad at them.

You lack understanding of the phone business. Microsoft cannot fix hardware without physically doing so. Therefore, the only thing they can possibly be doing is some sort of modification to the software. And if software is the issue, the problem is not on HTC's end.

If you've been given a faulty phone, that means everyone else has been given a faulty phone too. If that's the case, HTC would be required to do a recall on the product. They are aware of the issue, and have not done so. So it can't be faulty hardware.

"Ive been given a faulty phone. The phone is made by HTC. Its HTC's fault"
Netflix wasn't working on my Xbox last night. Xbox is made by Microsoft. So surely it's Microsoft's fault right?

Logic is very important in life my friend. Try to use it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm telling you this using logic. If Microsoft is capable of fixing it, which they announced that they are, that means it HAS to be a software problem.

You can do what you please, I was simply trying to teach you something about how phones work. And just so you know, I'm having the same problem as everyone else. My phone has sim card errors constantly and reboots itself. But I'm not going to go 15 days without my phone and risk getting a new phone with the same problems.

Sorry. If you offered any teaching I must have missed it. Maybe you can enlighten me some more. In the meantime keep waiting for your patches

When your done maybe I can teach you a bit about complaints procedure and consumer power so you dont spend a day without a phone and get some extras thrown in for the inconvenience.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe it is an os/app problem. That's why it affects some and not others. My 8x has operated perfectly since the day I got it. I'm not a big app person. I use FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Rowi, Weather Channel and Zite. That's pretty much it. I'm betting most of the people with reboot issues have many more aoos than that on their 8x.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe it is an os/app problem. That's why it affects some and not others. My 8x has operated perfectly since the day I got it. I'm not a big app person. I use FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Rowi, Weather Channel and Zite. That's pretty much it. I'm betting most of the people with reboot issues have many more aoos than that on their 8x.
........& board express

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. If you offered any teaching I must have missed it. Maybe you can enlighten me some more. In the meantime keep waiting for your patches

When your done maybe I can teach you a bit about complaints procedure and consumer power so you dont spend a day without a phone and get some extras thrown in for the inconvenience.

What's to learn? Your concept is easy, and widely known: "***** and complain as much as you can. Eventually they'll give you what you want so you leave them alone."
I could easily do the same, I just have respect for the people on the other end who are helping you with your "problems".

I still find it amazing that problems on HTC's end from their "faulty" phones can affect Lumia 920 owners.
Please enlighten me on that one moron.

You can argue all you want, but you are still just consistently demonstrating your lack of understanding of the subject.
We have "Angry Pissed-Off Consumer" Vs. "Experienced IT Technician".

I'm assuming when your new phone starts experiencing the same problems, you'll try to say you were given a second faulty phone by HTC. And a third. And a fourth....

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You lack understanding of the phone business. Microsoft cannot fix hardware without physically doing so. Therefore, the only thing they can possibly be doing is some sort of modification to the software. And if software is the issue, the problem is not on HTC's end.

If you've been given a faulty phone, that means everyone else has been given a faulty phone too. If that's the case, HTC would be required to do a recall on the product. They are aware of the issue, and have not done so. So it can't be faulty hardware.

"Ive been given a faulty phone. The phone is made by HTC. Its HTC's fault"
Netflix wasn't working on my Xbox last night. Xbox is made by Microsoft. So surely it's Microsoft's fault right?

Logic is very important in life my friend. Try to use it.

OK use your logic on this because some of it is coming right back at you

The software from Microsoft is identical across all WP8 at its base. If the software was faulty every new windows phone would have problems and this is not the case.
Nokia and HTC add their own proprietary software to the phones. If this software was faulty every new windows phone would have the problem and this is not the case.
The carriers then add their own proprietary software to the phones. If this software was faulty every phone on that carrier would have a problem and this is not the case.
MS have pinpointed the reboot problem, nothing else and its not even clear if it will fix the reboots across all devices on all platforms.

So using logic that leaves the only variable as the hardware. The software patch may change the frequency of certain components to stop the overload thats causing the reboots and it may well fix it. But notice I said components - hardware - not software. So now we move onto the sim errors. See above for all the software logic and it brings us back to... you guessed it hardware.
My hardware has HTC on the back of it. Its got issues and its not down to software and thats just common sense.

Common sense is very important in life - without it logic is flawed.

"Experienced IT Technician" - "B*tch Please" the first line support guys havent got a clue. I had 2 support guys at O2 try and give me two different software patches because they told me my software wasnt up to date. Two different software versions and neither of them had 8. at the start to signify windows 8. Theyve got a sheet in front of them and if the answer isnt on it they tell you to return the phone.

After my 2nd factory reset ive not installed any apps havent touched any updates ive even removed xbox music. Still getting reboots, sim errors and shutdowns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786