People with the rebooting issue

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
OK use your logic on this because some of it is coming right back at you

The software from Microsoft is identical across all WP8 at its base. If the software was faulty every new windows phone would have problems and this is not the case.
Nokia and HTC add their own proprietary software to the phones. If this software was faulty every new windows phone would have the problem and this is not the case.
The carriers then add their own proprietary software to the phones. If this software was faulty every phone on that carrier would have a problem and this is not the case.
MS have pinpointed the reboot problem, nothing else and its not even clear if it will fix the reboots across all devices on all platforms.

So using logic that leaves the only variable as the hardware. The software patch may change the frequency of certain components to stop the overload thats causing the reboots and it may well fix it. But notice I said components - hardware - not software. So now we move onto the sim errors. See above for all the software logic and it brings us back to... you guessed it hardware.
My hardware has HTC on the back of it. Its got issues and its not down to software and thats just common sense.

Common sense is very important in life - without it logic is flawed.

Your lack of understanding of how software works is causing you to make incorrect assumptions.

For example, if the reboots are being caused by a bug when syncing Twitter accounts, why on earth would EVERY WINDOWS PHONE have problems? Only the people who are using Twitter would be experiencing the bug.

Software is dependent on how it's used. It acts differently depending on how it's used. It runs differently. If the software is the problem, then it is not going to affect EVERYONE. It will affect the people who use it in a way that triggers the bug.

The only issue I am talking about is the reboot issue. You brought all those other issues into the conversation which are completely unrelated as far as I'm concerned.

You cannot apply common sense to something you have no knowledge about. End of story. It's obvious nothing will convince you that you are wrong. Even other people besides me.

Microsoft isn't the problem, HTC isn't the problem. YOU are the problem. Because people like you will ALWAYS have problems since you are always right and everyone else is always wrong. I have years of experience with this kind of technology. You have no credibility. You never will.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
"Experienced IT Technician" - "B*tch Please" the first line support guys havent got a clue. I had 2 support guys at O2 try and give me two different software patches because they told me my software wasnt up to date. Two different software versions and neither of them had 8. at the start to signify windows 8. Theyve got a sheet in front of them and if the answer isnt on it they tell you to return the phone.

I'm not a support person. At my company, I am the IT department. I fix software problems and hardware problems for any device the company owns. I maintain all of our servers at the HQ and all of our branch locations. I develop and program custom LOB applications for the company. I make modifications to our website that was already designed when I got here.

And I'm 21 years old. I get paid the big bucks for a reason, even at my age. I'm an extremely valuable asset because of my intelligence.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Great. So please explain reboots to me when I have no 3rd party apps running or installed, with no sim card inserted and the phone is in flight mode just sitting idle at my desk. Mr 21 year old IT wiz earning megabucks.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a support person. At my company, I am the IT department. I fix software problems and hardware problems for any device the company owns. I maintain all of our servers at the HQ and all of our branch locations. I develop and program custom LOB applications for the company. I make modifications to our website that was already designed when I got here.

And I'm 21 years old. I get paid the big bucks for a reason, even at my age. I'm an extremely valuable asset because of my intelligence.

I'm curious, what are the "big bucks" to a 21 year old?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Awww coffee your no fun at all. Us morons who know nothing have to get our kicks somehow

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
well got my replacement... device runs flawless with all the same settings.

pretty sure it was bad ram and antenna... new device runs a lot faster without crashing and all my rebooting issues were either A: low signal and B: when traveling and switching between towers.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's good to hear. Although don't tell Robert Carpenter its all about the software apparently 😉

olewinhack

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My new 8X has been rebooting it fits and spasms. But calming down for some periods of time. I've been trying to figure out a fix or repair.
The local AT&T DSC doesn't stock the 16G model. Talked to HTC on the phone and they said I'd have to factory reboot first.
I said I'd call back after I'd backed up and was ready.
I did my own reboot yesterday and started restoring. Still some problems. Now this morning it has been rebooting for several hours straight.
I've yanked the SIM and it's still going. Next I'll stop at the DSC in the morning and see if they'll order one for me.

rocking23nf

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
my replacement has not rebooted once, I wiped the old phone and it froze during the setup, so I don't think these issues are app related, probably a poor run of devices, a batch of bad memory or something along those lines.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
There is two types of reboots. A) Loss of carrier signal - on the HTC 8X this has been fixed a long time ago via a firmware update. Unfortunately the Ativ S and Lumia 920 still needs a firmware fix for this. B) Faulty Phone, with the 8X if you have a reboot while you have the latest firmware, you have a faulty phone. For the Ativ S and Lumia 920... If you have a faulty phone you recognize it when it reboots in an area with excellent signal, especially multiple reboots in a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss