Bluetooth is a downgrade?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So with WP7 i was able to connect my Trophy with BT2.1 to my car and use the controls in my car to pause and skip tracks. Now with WP8 and my 8x and BT3.1 I no longer have any control.

Am I doing something wrong? Somebody else have this issue? Is it the phone or the OS?

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the trophy prior to the 8x as well. a few comments on my Bluetooth experience in my mazda 3 2011.
the trophy always had a bitrate issue (which could be fixed in registry to crank up the quality) and all music going through Bluetooth sounded like a very low grade mp3. once mango came out instead of seeing BT AUDIO on my in car display it would then actually show artist/album/song title etc. all stearing wheel controls worked fine when paired.
with the 8x paired to same car the audio bitrate issue is no longer an issue and the sound is about at par with AUX cable, so that's great. i'm not sure what bt stack wp8 or the 8x is using but I do no longer see the info on the display so it just says BT AUDIO, which is a step backward it seems. I believe my car uses a2dp. sometimes my trophy would not pair BOTH phone and music, just one or the other and a simple Bluetooth off/on on phone would resolve it. I have not had this issue with the 8x and it does seem to detect/pair quicker than the trophy did.
incoming calls and messages read aloud switches seamlessly when music is playing on both phones and no issue there.

JefTek

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
All controls work with my 2010 Mazda 6. Changing tracks/Pausing works much faster to respond than my previous Galaxy Nexus too

Jason Sommers

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So I wonder where the break down is here, I have lost all control and its not showing song/artist/album information. I have a less than a year old aftermarket head unit. This is really making me now want to keep the 8X. Music is very important to me. Any suggestions as to where I can go for help. I have repaired it twice now hoping this would fix it. But no luck.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It really baffles me how bluetooth seems to work fine for some people and not for others. And not just with the 8X with all other phones too. There are standards for this stuff...

For me the BT audio and the controls work fine with the 8X with a fairly new unit in my Subaru BRZ.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo