Anyone waiting for the Samsung Ativ S or Ativ Odyssey?

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have another thread running where I am considering jumping from a GS3 to a WP8 phone after several years with Android. I am in no rush and both current offerings on Verizon seem to have more cons than I would like to hear right now. I am concerned with the 8X battery life, and the design and screen isn't very impressive on the Lumia 822. I need to stay with Verizon, so my only other option would be to wait for the Ativ Odyssey.

Anyone going to wait for these phones or do you think they won't be as good as the current offerings?

Thanks!

**EDIT** I'm so sorry, I probably posted this in the wrong section. I'm new here and didn't realize that I was in the 8X forum. Please move if needed.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Although the Sammy device looks great on paper I would be very skepticle of this offering. They are obviously not real interested in WP anymore. If they were this device would already be out. Up until Nokia entered the WP market with the L900 Sammy was the top dog on the WP scene with the Focus (Great device btw). Then Nokia came in and blew Sammy's doors off. They had just introduced the Focus 2 device for which they likely ended up taking a loss on.

Bottom line: Sammy doesn't want to be 2nd fiddle to anyone.

tmccaghren

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Although the Sammy device looks great on paper I would be very skepticle of this offering. They are obviously not real interested in WP anymore. If they were this device would already be out. Up until Nokia entered the WP market with the L900 Sammy was the top dog on the WP scene with the Focus (Great device btw). Then Nokia came in and blew Sammy's doors off. They had just introduced the Focus 2 device for which they likely ended up taking a loss on.

Bottom line: Sammy doesn't want to be 2nd fiddle to anyone.

I agree. I'm thinking the current devices are the only ones that will be up for consideration for a while, until the next generation comes out anyway. I think I am giving up on the ATIV, myself.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have ZERO interest in the Samsung. The phone looks so generic and uninspired IMO and feels like an S3 with W8 slapped on it at the last minute.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see and hold the Ativ S before making a decision. I've had Samsungs in the past and haven't had any problems with them at all. One thing you can be certain of, the screen will be stunning!
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

zero157h7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have owned a bunch of Samsung devices, and I have no interest in an Ativ. The 8x is a better looking phone and I don't find the battery to be worst than high end android phones.

TRICSIO

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I personally thing that it will be an insult if Samsung and Verizon introduced another 4.3" or less phone to the WP market. Too late in the game to have made us wait so that we can get a revamped focus. I am awaiting the Odyssey as well but with skeptics

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720