09-14-2014 08:59 PM
165 ... 4567
tools
    Tape fixes everything tho I also think getting a replacement SIM tray also solves the issue.
    03-31-2013 01:22 PM
    The image posted up above only shows a thin piece on one side. I'm worried that I did it wrong now and that it's going to melt into the card or something. Uh oh..
    please ignore that image, its wrong

put the tape on the side opposite of the gold metal part, just cover the logo and trim to fit. it doesn't have to be exact, just close.
    04-01-2013 10:21 AM
    I stuck tape to the back on the sim and tray, so that its all covered. no issues since. However, may sim tray doesn't sit flush with the phone body now.
    04-02-2013 07:05 AM
    trim the tape a little more, sounds like you just have too much tape
    morpheus1982 likes this.
    04-02-2013 11:37 AM
    So, I'm visiting family, my niece notices my phone, "is that the Verizon windows phone" yup, "my friend has one and keeps getting a sim card error" oh, I haven't had that, but have her go to wpcentral, they can tell her how to fix it. "ok, I will text her now"

Next day, I start getting that error! Of course I'm using the tape method. Talk about bad freaking luck!

Although, I'm still sitting flush with the case. Used a magnifying glass and xacto knife.
    Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express
    04-03-2013 11:10 PM
    I'm using the tape repair as well. 1ply of scotch tape to the back of the sim card. I didn't have to force the tray back in. So far so good. Prior to the hack it required a reboot several times a day. It's been a few days now without any issues...
    04-15-2013 11:24 AM
    I took mine into my Verizon store and they cleaned the contacts thoroughly and put it back in and I've had no issues in a month. Prior I rebooted 2-3 times a day.
    04-15-2013 05:27 PM
    Mine started restarting/SIM error over the last couple of weeks, so I've just tried this tape solution (the tape on the rear of the sim) so we'll see how it goes!
    Well it's been over three weeks now since I've taped the back of the SIM and no SIM errors/restarts etc from the phone. I was getting multiple SIM errors nearly every day for about a week or two prior to the tape fix. Will continue to monitor and report back!
    04-17-2013 01:46 PM
    I just got the update that supposedly fixes the SIM error on the Verizon 8X, and since I like to live dangerously, I took the tape off my SIM. I'll let you all know if/when I get a SIM error.
    laity78 likes this.
    04-17-2013 08:02 PM
    It is software based. Not network. It is a known problem and hopefully an update will fix it soon. But yea it does get worse. You will start getting random reboots too. Bad luck basically if you are one of the unlucky ones.
    04-17-2013 11:35 PM
    I just got the update that supposedly fixes the SIM error on the Verizon 8X, and since I like to live dangerously, I took the tape off my SIM. I'll let you all know if/when I get a SIM error.
    I just got the update myself. I have used the tape for about a month an no sim error or reboot but im def curious if the update fixes it.
    04-18-2013 06:24 AM
    Opps so I should of posted here. Anyway I can't get my sim card out. I guess I stuffed it too much with tape.
    04-18-2013 01:48 PM
    So im just curious, since the update has anyone had a SIM error or random reboot? I never took off the tape cuz it just always works. But I really am curious if an update could actually fix that cuz I figured that was a hardware issue not a software
    04-24-2013 08:55 AM
    So im just curious, since the update has anyone had a SIM error or random reboot? I never took off the tape cuz it just always works. But I really am curious if an update could actually fix that cuz I figured that was a hardware issue not a software
    My guess is that the SIM being loose causes it to come in and out of contact which may have tricked/glitched the software. A software update probably more than likely protects it from spazzing out. That's just my guess.
    04-24-2013 09:58 AM
    I took the tape off mine the day of the update. So far so good.
    04-24-2013 03:03 PM
    As I said in a previous post, I took the tape off the day of the update - no errors so far. But, just taking the SIM out and putting it back in usually prevents SIM errors for a week or two till they start happening again, so we're not out of the proverbial woods just yet.
    04-24-2013 05:43 PM
    I started getting the error and the reboots about 2 weeks ago. It was really annoying because the phone was rock solid up until then. I never tried the tape fix because I didn't see the need. I figured it was a software issue since my phone did not have the problem prior.

Anyways, I have seen the error occur maybe a total of 7 times since the latest update on 4/17/2013, but it has only had to be powered off twice to recover from it. There were two instances of multiple errors but the phone recovered from the first 4, 3 out of the 4 times within about 30 seconds, and then finally would not recognize the SIM. The last time was 2 out of 3 times and then it required a reboot. These were also in quick succession. It has not happened in the past couple of days.

There is likely something to the software fix claim, as my phone is much more apt to recover from the error, rather than throwing the error and requiring a restart, as before.

As for the random reboots. It had a strange fit for a couple of days where it would repeatedly reboot but removing a reinserting the SIM seemed to solve that over a week ago.
    04-25-2013 01:53 AM
    After last update I have and SIM card error, and custom reboot. Before that update no SIM error, and no reboots. I never had tape on SIM card.....
    My phone is about 6 months old. :-(
    04-26-2013 04:35 PM
    After last update I have and SIM card error, and custom reboot. Before that update no SIM error, and no reboots. I never had tape on SIM card.....
    My phone is about 6 months old. :-(
    so put tape on it. I think you have an older version SIM card
    04-26-2013 11:02 PM
    its a coincidence, its not because of the update

tape your sim
    04-30-2013 12:28 PM
    I make this update and my HTC work fine....i don't think this problem with sim was from this update.Cheers!
    05-03-2013 06:31 AM
    Just applied the tape fix on my wife and my HTC 8X. No issues in the past 24 hours, but I'll report back if I get another SIM error.
    05-08-2013 11:22 AM
    I forgot about the SIM errors as its been about 3 weeks since I've seen it *knocks on wood*. Not sure what fixed this as I've not taped anything, but I did clean the SIM slot and SIM with compressed air. Why would that work? I don't know. I would imagine any dust or grime would have to be thick to cause a connect issue but whatever.
    05-14-2013 05:51 PM
    Just got this today, 8x with Tmobile. I was on the phone when my call dropped and I got a sim error message. I reboot it then plugged it in to my pc to charge. Minutes later I'm browsing my contacts and it decides to reboot again.

Since Tmo no longer sells the 8x I wonder if I'll be able to get a 925 instead...been wanting to feel that Nokia love for a while now.
    05-31-2013 01:09 PM
    I have had problems with my windows phone 8X and this is the second time in 5 days that it's saying I have no sim in my phone. I have once already been back to the shop and they gave me a new SIM card, it was fine all day Sunday and now it's saying theres no SIM card in my phone. Could anyone help me? Or do I go back to the shop again?
    06-10-2013 07:19 AM
165 ... 4567