Walmart Deal $149 +$100 Gift Card

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I would share. I ordered a red 8X from Walmart Wireless today for $149 + $100 Walmart gift card. I already got a notice that it shipped.

BTW, the VZW rep I chatted with online tried to tell me that they sent all their rejects to third part retailers...yeah, whatever.

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I would love to do this but my 8x has been perfect. No reboots or screen issues or anything and I know my luck is if I return this one then I'm probably gonna pay for it one way or another
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
What is the down side to buying outside of Verizon? It just amazes me that resellers can sell the same phone so much cheaper than Verizon. So, what should my concern be for purchasing from Walmart, there must be a downside, no?

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I did report the rep and Tweeted it to VZW, HTC, and Walmart.

According to Walmart's terms and conditions, it gets rewarded for helping them keep good customers and the volume they handle allows them to deeply discount phones. IF you cancel your service in less than 181 days, they can bill you for the discount. The only disadvantage that I can see is that you are not eligible (I believe) for Verizon equipment insurance.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
So will it have wireless charging capability? And I see Verizon is charging a $30.00 upgrade fee Is this normal? Still a great deal did you get it yet.

daddymanAZ

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Zune...
I ordered the red 8X from WM yesterday too. Got confirmation of shippment about three hours after I placed the order and, according to FedEx, the paskage is in route...I should see it Tuesday!! :devil:

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like this deal is over. I bought one yesterday at $149 with the $100 card, and went to buy one today for the wife and its $99. Oh well, at $99 its still $100 cheaper than what I paid buying direct from Verizon. This will be 3 WP8 phones in my household, and a Merry Christmas for all!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros