PROOF of Dead Pixel on Screen again on 2nd HTC 8X unacceptable!!

Brandon619

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Unacceptable HTC this is bullcrap, i Knew i saw it again on my 2nd handset... in a different location..... i posted that i saw an a green dot in the forums of what appear to be a dead pixel on the 8x screen... people asked for proof but i returned my first 8x phone and got a replacement and i thought i saw the dot again in a different location.. and it appears i have bad luck twice in a row with brand new 8x phones with dead pixel in different locations.... this has to be a widespread issue... guys what do i do?? theres clearly a manufacturing issue of something and needs to be spread through different technology sites to get HTC to respond to this issue im extremely pissed and u guys would be to in my position if u had this on ur brand new phone.. or in my case twice :(.... I wanna yell at a HTC rep
WPCentral post this on ur front page haha both phones being shipped with dead pixels is UNREAL AND SAD

link to my orginial posted thread i was talking about:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/205690-anyone-else-seeming-little-green-dot-screen.html

Deadpixel.jpg

DeadPixel2.jpg

Last edited:

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I had a dead pixel on my 1st but second one was fine except for a slightly loose volume rocker. Typical HTC quality though. Just be happy that one corner of the screen isn't raised. lol

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
omg...that's the same thing that happened to me...I called to place a repair ticket and they said they don't have the parts yet to do any repair on any htc 8x phones (usa hq) It will take them about a month

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm taking mine back today for that. I'm still with in my two weeks so
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh my goodness ... this is crazy ... 2 dead pixels? Call the CEO!

Alright .. had to get that out. It sux that you had a bad experience, but this stuff happens, humans refer to it as bad luck. Yes yes ... you paid all this money you earned in the coal mines for it ... and HTC is struggling ... so somehow they need to make sure you are happy ... hold on .. is this the HTC or Nokia forum??

I agree, It does suck ... but if I were you I would have checked it thoroughly when I got the 2nd device.

Joost Meij

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I noticed some bad pixels on my 8X too..and also a lot of 'blinking pixels'. They only show up when moving and panning for instance a zoomed in image. Look at the darker parts of your zoomed in picture and you'll notice it when panning the image around slowly.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's not a dead pixel, it a stuck pixel. A dead pixel is always black. A stuck pixel is any other color. Sometimes just tapping on your screen a pencil eraser will fix it, or running one of those fast color flash test will fix it.

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I returned my 8x since I was in my 14 day return policy. I was nervous to do this bc they weren't that bad and the phone was great.. I had no issues hardware wise. But I didn't know I could try and fix them at home with display tests... But the new one I got seems to be doing better in the battery life than my last and its great.

Joost Meij

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
That's not a dead pixel, it a stuck pixel. A dead pixel is always black. A stuck pixel is any other color. Sometimes just tapping on your screen a pencil eraser will fix it, or running one of those fast color flash test will fix it.

I don't think it's a stuck pixel because when the image is not moving the pixel has the right color..when you slowly pan the image around and the pixel has to change color they blink up. When you stop panning the pixel has the right color. So the pixel can dispay al the colors..just some om them can't change fast enough? Maybe is had got something to do with the multitouch and/or display drivers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans