Ermergerd the Doubleshot blue hard shell is awesome

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine from HTC 8X HC C810 Doubleshot Hard Shell | HTC 8X Accessories

It fits, looks and feels terrific! Adds a sturdiness to the 8x without adding bulk. Will try to get some pictures

I agree with beachhoppr....just got mine today from another place in UK....great service on shipping to the US...

GENUINE HTC WINDOWS PHONE 8X WP8X HARD CASE COVER HC C810 BLUE NEW | eBay

Really helps in providing safety in case of an accidental drop and feels much better

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I am not one for a case on my phone, I've now the 8X from a Radar, and a case just takes so much away. I'm worried that the glass on the 8c extends past the poly though. I'm only in an 8X now cause I dropped my tank of a Radar and it just happened to fall flat face down on an asphalt pebble. Spider-webbed. T-Mo hooked me up tho. Does this piece give the glass that little bit of protection??

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I am not one for a case on my phone, I've now the 8X from a Radar, and a case just takes so much away. I'm worried that the glass on the 8c extends past the poly though. I'm only in an 8X now cause I dropped my tank of a Radar and it just happened to fall flat face down on an asphalt pebble. Spider-webbed. T-Mo hooked me up tho. Does this piece give the glass that little bit of protection??

No, the glass still sticks up about 1/4 millimetre above the case. The case is designed to look like the back on the phone, so the only thing missing is the Beats logo, and the metallic HTC logo.

IMO, this is the only case that preserves the overall design aesthetic (minus the soft touch coating) of the phone whilst providing all-round protection...the glass is another issue.

The dirty-ing soft touch coating was the reason I got the case in the first place.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I was one the first members here to have bought this case and I already posted on some topics that this case is one of the best I've seen/owned.

As morpheus said, it's the only one so far that preserves the looks of the phone while providing the much needed protection to lay the phone on any surface with worrying about scratches on the back. It doesn't protect the screen because it fits the phone borders so nicely that the screen is still prominent a few millimeters with it. For me, the important thing was to protect the back of the phone as I always take it out of my pocket and put it on every surface within reach.

Great buy. I will look forward for HTC to release it on other colors.

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The buttons are slightly raised making them actually easier to locate and press. I ordered mine through Clove UK. Didn't take too long to arrive in the US

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Where to buy in the US? Also, how's using the buttons through the case? They're already pretty difficult to use.

I ordered mine (along with my black 8X) through Clove.co.uk and received it in Mexico in 4 or 5 days. The buttons don't become harder to press than they already are, which is not that difficult but would be better if they were a little more prominent or loose. The power button has been getting a little looser which is nice since it was the hardest to press even without a case IMHO. Don't worry about the buttons with this case, go ahead and buy it if you really want a nice looking case for that 8X :D

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
how much does it weigh? the phone's weight is 120 gm and amazon.co.uk shows the case's weight as 100 gm:grin:

The case doesn't add a noticeable weight. It weighs a little but 100gm is inaccurate I guess. Order it, you won't be disappointed if you got interested with our comments above ;)

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I got this one : Case-Mate Windows Phone 8x Tough Cases (Case-Mate HTC8X-TUF), HTC 8x Cases | Covers | Accessories | Case-Mate
Of course, if your phone is blue, it covers it almost completly. But I really like the fact that the shell is solid and I like the hold I have now, less scared to drop it. :)

That is the first "all around" case that I've liked besides the Incipio posted here. Can you show us some pics of your 8X with that case.

I'm running out of patience waiting for HTC to release other colors for the Doubleshot Hard Shell. I have it blue but I want a black to match my phone and perhaps a grey or limelight one :D

docteurvez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Sure :

This picture I hope, will give you an idea of the "bumpy" border to protect the screen :
View attachment 27997

The back, to let you see the texture that helps for the grip :
View attachment 27998

The bottom (the picture is so clear, you can see the dust... ;)
View attachment 28001

And the top.
View attachment 28000

As you will notice, my phone is blue but I don't mind, the case is so solid and it does not
add to the size or the weight that much. Also, it does not show that it's a two-piece case. :D

Hope it helps. :)

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the pics. I like to have one tough case to put on when going out to outdoors or work in dusty/dirty places (I make structured wiring, mostly data and voice, from time to time). This makes a good choice for a tough case to have just in case it's needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2