HTC 8X Custom case back from printer!

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick preview.

DSC01422_resize.JPGDSC01425_resize.JPGDSC01428_resize.JPG

There is only 1 problem, and its a big one. The company I used to print this one offers colors, so I picked black. I didn't know this, but they take the white plastic and dye is black. The problem is, the dye bled into MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!

DSC01429_resize.JPG

This is after the case was on my phone for LESS THEN 30 SECONDS!!!!!!

My original case prototype came in white, and I spray painted it black and it didn't bleed into my case at all. This is un-acceptable, and I cant sell the case that will stain your phones. If I am to offer this phone, it will only be in white, or the acrylic plastics (clear and black). This is a huge setback for my project, and its primarily the soft case to blame. It picks up dirt so well, that im not surprised at all that it also picked up dye from the case. With this, it leaves me to question weather to go forward anymore.

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update. I used a sealent to seal in the dye and so far it looks like its working. Im going to test drive this for an extended time before I sell dyed case. I should have a video up about the new final case design this week.

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The sealent used on the dye did not work. It leached through, so I will not be offering colors on the nylon cases. I will offer the alumide, and acrylic options, but those are a little bit more expensive. I also made a new design. What does everyone think?

htc_8x_case_15.jpg

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a display "dummy" phone, and its on its way. So yes, a Lumia 920 case will be done. It will take me some time as the shape is a lot more complex then the 8X.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a display "dummy" phone, and its on its way. So yes, a Lumia 920 case will be done. It will take me some time as the shape is a lot more complex then the 8X.

Well it would be nice to get one. I currently have a HTC titan though, the Lumia 920 is due in the near future.

Brian McCool

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Nice work! You've inspired me to try making one out of wood or aluminum with my CNC router. I might just have to build a 3D printer now....

Sharukh Bhoelan

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Can you make a 3d model of a FULL Lamborghini style case, like the one you did but with more looks and feels from a lambo, like the Asus Lambo laptop. Because im very intrested in this :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss