Apps that fit the screen?

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me some apps and games (not ones by Microsoft or come with phone) that actually fit the screen size of the 8x? So far my only game to actually fit the screen fully is angry birds star wars, which looks great. Would be so much nicer if they utilized the extra space so we didn't have to keep seeing the black bar.

What do you think the chances are that apps will be scaled up to make use of the extra space at some point?

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Many apps are being updated to support the new resolutions. My guess is that the most popular ones will be updated very soon. So far, a few have been updated already but the pace has been somewhat slowly. I would say that in a month or so most will be updated.

I'm using Gleek! which supports the 16:9 ratio properly. MeTweets has jut been updated too but there is a little space left at the top. the developer just told me that in the WP8 emulator when testing, the app filled the screen. An update is coming to fix this.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Many apps are being updated to support the new resolutions. My guess is that the most popular ones will be updated very soon. So far, a few have been updated already but the pace has been somewhat slowly. I would say that in a month or so most will be updated.

I'm using Gleek! which supports the 16:9 ratio properly. MeTweets has jut been updated too but there is a little space left at the top. the developer just told me that in the WP8 emulator when testing, the app filled the screen. An update is coming to fix this.

Odd thing about Gleek is the fact that the splash screen still shows the black bar at the top.

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
GLEEK sadly doesn't support app resume from icon which gets really irritating having to restart it so often. Only app I found for twitter that supports resuming and going back to your timeline location proparly peregrine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb