Video takes up WAY too much space.

Pikezer1337

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Since me and my friends film movies alot, this was an important feature for me. The phone and the camera work great, but after doing some tests I've seen that for every 1 minute of video filming it takes up 115mb. There is no way that this is how much it should be taking up. Testing with my iPhone 4S 1 minute is 51mb. Anyone else experiencing this?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, did you transfer the videos to a computer? and if so, was there any difference in video AND audio quality between the 4s and the Windows Phone? Which phone do you have by the way?

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The enhanced audio is giving me issues with playback on my laptop. I had to re encode it without the enhanced audio at 1080 so it wouldn't be choppy.

Pikezer1337

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It all sounds the same. I have an 8X by the way. I can then put it through After Effects which is a video editing software and itll come out the same quality but at literally 10mb. My problem is that when I'm recording I wont be able to record for any more then 10 minutes until I have to put it on my computer, I mean I can deal with it, but its just a hassle

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I'm reading this on my phone so I missed that you posted this on the 8x forum, i have the 920, not sure what to tell you on size issue, not familiar enough with iPhone recording format, WP records in mp4 format which is quite large, what format does the IPhone record in? Is there a noticeable difference in video quality?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
How much space do you have on phone? 1 min @ 110 megs roughly equals 1.1 gigs @ 10 min, I have roughly 19.2 gigs of space on my phone currently so its not that big of a deal to me, did you get the 8 gig version of the 8x? I can see why this could be a problem for you if that's the case

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
720p video at around 1GB per 15 minutes is pretty standard fare.
I had a Flip video camera (4GB version) and it would crap out around an hour.
I also had a ContourHD (helmet cam) and it was around 15 minutes per gig.
You could always record in 480p.
It would be nice if there was a low bit-rate option, though.
Most of the stuff I record is pointless (opening presents at a birthday party, kids doing cute things, etc...) and it is starting to take up way too much space on my hard drive.
I do like the 720p picture, though.
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes