8x Incipio Case Review

gavlop

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
For those of you looking for high-quality and lightweight phone case that still retains the 8x's appealing sleek look, I highly suggest checking out the Incipio Feather case for HTC 8x.

I just received the case yesterday, and I will post pictures soon, but for now I'll give a brief review:

The case comes with a screen protector as well as a microfiber cleaning cloth, application card, and one year warranty. The packaging seems to be as heavy duty as the case itself.

The Incipio Feather case is 1mm thin of Plextonium, and weighs next to nothing. Its slim design stays true to the phone's original form (it actually looks like an 8x itself face down). It covers the back except for the speakers and camera/flash, and surrounds and hugs the phone by the sides. The bottom and the top of the phone are half exposed and leaves openings for the microphone, micro-usb port, headphone jack, and power button. There is a cut-out for the volume and camera button as well.

I assume that the top and bottom are half exposed so that the phone could be removed, as well as reduce the weight of the case even further. It seems that the phone would be nearly impossible to remove if the case hugged the top and bottom as well as the sides since the case is so stiff and durable. Despite this, the case is a bit difficult to take off, I worry sometimes that I could scratch the phone in the process of.

The texture of the phone has a rubbery matte-type finish, mimicking that of the 8x almost flawlessly. The finish on the sides however are a little sharp, most likely from the processing. Ironically enough, it does provide a little bit of extra grip.

The phone snaps on very easily and is very snug, leaving virtually no space in between the phone and case.

One of the downsides of the 8x itself is that the buttons are flush with the phone. The spacing on the case makes it easier to identify where the side buttons are. The top power button however is still a little difficult to feel as there is no casing surrounding it.

As for looks, available colors are black, grey, pink, and teal on the Incipio website. However, I did see the windows store website advertising a yellow case. I picked out the teal for my black 8x because I think that the two compliment each other very nicely (it also looks sick with the phone's teal theme). Face down, it looks like it could be a teal phone without a case with hints of black from the camera and speaker. Face up however, it looks like a black phone with an incomplete case due to the top and bottom front edges being exposed. I really wish that all the edges were covered, but I guess that you have to sacrifice some looks functionality for durability.

The phone still slides easily into my pocket, weighs virtually the same, and feels the same size as it does without the case. The case provides protection from scratches for the rear and sides and looks amazing.

On the Incipio website (HTC Windows Phone 8X feather Ultra Thin Snap-On Case)
it is priced at $24.99. However, I purchased mine from daydeal.com, priced at $23.99, with a coupon code from retailmenot.com for 10% off. So essentially, I bought it for about $20.00 (shipping and handling is free on daydeal.com).

I highly recommend this case for those of you who are looking for a simple case to protect their phone from everyday table scratches and such.

This is as high as quality gets.

BTW, I am in no way a representative of Incipio, i just wanted to share some in depth thoughts for anyone looking for a really nice case.

jontay02

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
For those of you looking for high-quality and lightweight phone case that still retains the 8x's appealing sleek look, I highly suggest checking out the Incipio Feather case for HTC 8x.

I just received the case yesterday, and I will post pictures soon, but for now I'll give a brief review:

The case comes with a screen protector as well as a microfiber cleaning cloth, application card, and one year warranty. The packaging seems to be as heavy duty as the case itself.

The Incipio Feather case is 1mm thin of Plextonium, and weighs next to nothing. Its slim design stays true to the phone's original form (it actually looks like an 8x itself face down). It covers the back except for the speakers and camera/flash, and surrounds and hugs the phone by the sides. The bottom and the top of the phone are half exposed and leaves openings for the microphone, micro-usb port, headphone jack, and power button. There is a cut-out for the volume and camera button as well.

I assume that the top and bottom are half exposed so that the phone could be removed, as well as reduce the weight of the case even further. It seems that the phone would be nearly impossible to remove if the case hugged the top and bottom as well as the sides since the case is so stiff and durable. Despite this, the case is a bit difficult to take off, I worry sometimes that I could scratch the phone in the process of.

The texture of the phone has a rubbery matte-type finish, mimicking that of the 8x almost flawlessly. The finish on the sides however are a little sharp, most likely from the processing. Ironically enough, it does provide a little bit of extra grip.

The phone snaps on very easily and is very snug, leaving virtually no space in between the phone and case.

One of the downsides of the 8x itself is that the buttons are flush with the phone. The spacing on the case makes it easier to identify where the side buttons are. The top power button however is still a little difficult to feel as there is no casing surrounding it.

As for looks, available colors are black, grey, pink, and teal on the Incipio website. However, I did see the windows store website advertising a yellow case. I picked out the teal for my black 8x because I think that the two compliment each other very nicely (it also looks sick with the phone's teal theme). Face down, it looks like it could be a teal phone without a case with hints of black from the camera and speaker. Face up however, it looks like a black phone with an incomplete case due to the top and bottom front edges being exposed. I really wish that all the edges were covered, but I guess that you have to sacrifice some looks functionality for durability.

The phone still slides easily into my pocket, weighs virtually the same, and feels the same size as it does without the case. The case provides protection from scratches for the rear and sides and looks amazing.

On the Incipio website (HTC Windows Phone 8X feather Ultra Thin Snap-On Case)
it is priced at $24.99. However, I purchased mine from daydeal.com, priced at $23.99, with a coupon code from retailmenot.com for 10% off. So essentially, I bought it for about $20.00 (shipping and handling is free on daydeal.com).

I highly recommend this case for those of you who are looking for a simple case to protect their phone from everyday table scratches and such.

This is as high as quality gets.

BTW, I am in no way a representative of Incipio, i just wanted to share some in depth thoughts for anyone looking for a really nice case.

Speaking of which ,i just post 2 incipio case links 2 hours ago in another thread haha!

Would you mind taking pics of the 8x with the incipio case?
Thanks.
I hope Sgipen also comes up with a design for the 8x. i love their iphone 5 cases.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of which ,i just post 2 incipio case links 2 hours ago in another thread haha!

Would you mind taking pics of the 8x with the incipio case?
Thanks.
I hope Sgipen also comes up with a design for the 8x. i love their iphone 5 cases.

yep. i'm hoping sgp comes out with screen protectors for our phone. theirs are one of the best

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just bought an Incipio case (not the Feather) from an AT&T store. Not really loving it. It's a 2-piece: a rubberized inner lining that fits into a hard shell (blue in my case). It's a tight fit, and the inner rubber is not lining up perfectly when I have the phone in it. I've attached a photo of the packaging.
Incipio.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb