Had my 8x for two weeks now and....

mrdeeds72

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I love it! My only qualm is with the battery life can't get through 12 hours without charging. I have very few background apps, turn wifi off when not at a hotspot, NFC, bluetooth off etc. I have been pouring through the threads, on the topic, and am looking at maybe trying to condition the battery. I had read previously that there should be no reason to condition a lithium ion battery.

Is it too late to do it at this point? And is there really any value in doing it?

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Battery life seems fine on the 8X I have. Sadly none of the big name smartphones have anything like a reasonable battery life if you actually use them. Data kills the batteries, camera kills it, using the graphics processor kills it. With so much going on in terms of background data and apps, they don't last a day even if you don't use them. Most just have a charger at work, one in the car and one at home and keep it charged that way.

Battery technology hasn't kept up with the more glamorous stuff and its the reason they are pushing wireless charging. Give it a year or two and there will be wireless charging pads everywhere, public transport, McDonalds etc.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This is so weird, I've been going through the battery threads and am confused. Seeing threads like this almost convinced me not to get this phone and just stick with my GS3. But I've had it only 3 days now and my battery life is already great. I went about 24 hours on a charge yesterday and so far today it's just sipping battery, so it looks like I'm in for another great day of battery life. I'm at work and just checked my phone and it has been off the charger for 3 hours and I'm sitting at 97%. Granted I haven't used it much so far other than sending and receiving a few texts and checking my email, but it's going well.

I'm not doing anything special either other than keeping wifi, bluetooth and NFC off when I'm not using them. Other than that, I have my Hotmail and Gmail syncing, etc.

I'm very curious about what is causing bad battery life for some people. Which carrier are you on? I'm on Verizon and I seem to remember that other Verizon users were saying they had good battery life too. Could it be a carrier thing? I have no idea, I'm just throwing that out there.

Nostr3z

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well here goes my first post here.
I have a one x and a 8x and to be fair i love the simplicity of wp8 yet it still is very nice to look at.
But to your question i have 1 answer.
Yes , it will get better.
I charge every night and when i am driving home from work i charge in my car.
Only 1 thing you need to do and that is disable nfc.
I really drains the battery if you ask me.
Trust me it will get better.
Keep the phone charged during your nights and take it of the loader in the morning.
Only for a couple of nights then charge as normal.
Maby a placebo thing, but it works for me.

Greetings.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
There is no need to condition a Li-Ion battery. They don't have a "memory". Letting it fully drain all the time is actually potentially more damaging than just 'topping up' every now and then. No need to worry about cycles or conditioning.

On top of that, wireless charging is potentially more damaging than wired, as it introduces more heat into the system as the charging mat gets hot. Heat can be damaging to battery life with Li-Ion batteries.

Seeing as it is becoming more popular, we likely have nothing to worry about as the Qi standard requires a certain level of efficiency which aims to keep heat at a minimum - but it's useful to know 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb