Weather Apps

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
does having a second weather app cause more battery drain? Would I have to turn off the htc app from running in the background?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
okay... the choice got tough with WeatherFlow's update. Not sure which I like best now... Amazing Weather or WeatherFlow. The lockscreen wallpapers on WeatherFlow are hard to resist.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have recently been looking at both WeatherFlow and Amazing Weather, I like the detailed reports that come out of Amazing Weather but find the lockscreen on WeatherFlow intriguing. Any idea if Amazing Weather will have a similar feature?

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I like Weather Flow's new lockscreen option, but I wish we can choose our own pictures with the info...rather than the ugly one I saw today.

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Tried both of them, and as a whole I must say Weather Flow is doing a better job now.

Amazing Weather HD has better pictures and animations, but it's a whooping 80MB app compared to 9MB of Weather Flow. On the other hand, it doesn't have the lock screen feature and some of its icons are still low resolution (the weather icon when the app is loading for example, is quite blurry). Live tiles are fine on both.

I'm sure there's gonna be a race between these two to define who's got the best WP8 weather app. So we can expect further improvements on both sooner than later.

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I like Weather Flow's new lockscreen option, but I wish we can choose our own pictures with the info...rather than the ugly one I saw today.

You CAN use your own picture for the lockscreen in Weather Flow. Just select "Custom Image" in the lockscreen option screen.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Amazing Weather HD, though I wish it had the functionality of the app I had on Android (MyWeather). Regardless, it is miles ahead of the Weather Channel app, which never updates its live time and takes forever to load. The new versions (2.2) was actually slower than the previous one, which is hard to believe.

My biggest complaint to date, is that Amazing Weather doesn't have an animated weather radar. I live in an area which is very prone to tornadoes. In fact, it is one of the top few highest frequency for them in the country. As such, I rely heavily on live weather radar with animation so that I can see which way storm cells are moving, if hooks are forming, etc. For any weather app to not have this is a major omission. They need to get one which updates at 5 min increments, soon.

Well, I have now downloaded and have started using Weather Flow since the new update. So far, I like it, but it also has the same glaring lack of no animated weather radar. Weather Flow and Amazing Weather seem to be in a bit of a race right now. The first one of them who puts together a high quality weather radar interface, will have a real winner on their hands.

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
For those that are using an alt weather app... what are you all doing with the htc one? where are you getting a second clock at or are you not worrying about it

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For those that are using an alt weather app... what are you all doing with the htc one? where are you getting a second clock at or are you not worrying about it

I just unpinned the htc app from my homescreen and disabled it running in the background. I didn't think it was a big deal to have two clocks on the homescreen since the time is always shown in the upper right hand corner.

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I used accuweather on my HD7 and have had it since I got the 8X. Recently downloaded a trial of Weather Flow with the lock screen deal. Really liking it, will probably keep it. Also keeping the accuweather one for the alerts. I don't believe Weather Flow does it.

eizsoft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes Amazing Weather HD will have update soon, we are working on it to add Lock-Screen feature and amazing mix and match feature :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster