New to HTC 8X...getting error 80004005 when trying to play video

steveo1909

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I just switched from a Razr Maxx to WP8 and picked up the 8x on Verizon last night. I'm slowly getting acclimated to the new OS and the only problem I'm having so far is a big on for me. A friend of mine emailed me a video that she took with an EVO 4g and I get an error when trying to play it. The error code is 80004005 and I've searched for this, but it appears the error code can be a result of many different things. I am able to play the video phone on my iPhone 4 and RAZR without any problems. Any tips, as this could be a deal breaker for me. The file format was .3gp. Do I need a special codec, app, etc?

Any help will be super appreciated, I haven't been in the forums since I was on Crackberry a few years ago. Thanks everyone in advance!

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I do 3gp on my 8X no prob. Are they like mp4 where the specific coding might be different? Post it up on here. Its possible its an issue with the device. If I see it, it try and play it.

Oh yeah. Welcome Steve.

steveo1909

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I hate being a newbie...but I've run into another issue. First, when I am downloading the attachment in the email, where does it save to? I can't seem to locate it in the Music and Video, or photos area like it would be on iOS or Android. Secondly, I had a friend do another test today with an original Moto Droid and this time I was able to play the video, but there was no sound. When I accessed the video from my email on my PC, the sound played just fine.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Steve, not gonna happen. More than likely in the part of the drive labeled "other". That is inaccessible for now. Which is precisely why you NEVER hear about malware in WP. It is locked tight like that. I'm hoping for a little more access with these updates coming out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6