Update for 8X

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The battery improvement is substantial.... From 08:20 to 21:26, I am at 44%. All day on Edge, used GPS for 8 hours, 30min Bluetooth, used WiFi auto-on and surfed, texted for a good 3 hours... Plus two 10min phone calls. I removed Skype however. Have 1 Exchange, 2 Hotmail, 1 Gmail and 1 pop account plus Facebook. Accounts are Push. 30, 60, 120 and on demand. Plus I installed 1 app. This is a very good update!

RussST24

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I updated at midnight last night 😊. Got the 100% hang just waiting about 5 minutes and it continued.

First full day and no reboots and battery life is for way better.
With wifi on constant.

Only lost about 25% from 9 to 5.
A few calls and texts and push email.

Good update. I am pleased.

Russ

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My wife updated her 8X here in the U.S. And now all sounds are disabled, except the keys when typing. She said all sound settings are on and the phone works otherwise; has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to check when I get home to make sure, but wanted to see if this is specific to her device or an issue with many. Thanks
Update: the phone crackles a bit then doesn't play any sound and looks like its been happening on and off for two weeks now. Looks like its time to visit att, unless you guys have any suggestions.

Last edited:

villiansv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My wife got the update yesterday (Three UK). Facebook, Hotmail, Gmail, twitter and an imap account set to push where possible). She came home today with 75% or so left of her battery , while previously it was 50ish. May still be early to tell, but seems battery life has indeed improved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers