Update for 8X

VDubb22

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My wife updated her 8X here in the U.S. And now all sounds are disabled, except the keys when typing. She said all sound settings are on and the phone works otherwise; has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to check when I get home to make sure, but wanted to see if this is specific to her device or an issue with many. Thanks
Update: the phone crackles a bit then doesn't play any sound and looks like its been happening on and off for two weeks now. Looks like its time to visit att, unless you guys have any suggestions.

So AT&T has released the update, or is your wife using an unbranded version? Any word on Verizon yet?

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
She is using an ATT phone and after taking to her again, I found out that her problem started last week. I also wasn't able to confirm that she received the OS update. She probably mistook an app update for the OS update.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
woo hoo, great battery life improvement... disconected device from charger at 05.45h, done some texting, updated phone, few 10-15 min calls, gmail and outlook sync, wi-fi always on, location always on, hdspa always on, took couple of pictures and used for 2 hours sports tracker app and the aftermath is at 22:20 i got 30% of battery... this is so f**** great!

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
woo hoo, great battery life improvement... disconected device from charger at 05.45h, done some texting, updated phone, few 10-15 min calls, gmail and outlook sync, wi-fi always on, location always on, hdspa always on, took couple of pictures and used for 2 hours sports tracker app and the aftermath is at 22:20 i got 30% of battery... this is so f**** great!

Congrats! lol I really hope it doesn't take long for it to get to Verizon.

I'm going to wait another day or two to see if I should get mine replaced. I wish this update would roll out everywhere so I could test to see if it helps my battery before making a decision.
My two week return period ends next week :/

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Reports of updates seem to have dried up, are people still getting them or was this a very small test distribution from Microsoft as opposed to a full blown roll out?

OppfinnarJocke

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Pulling down the update stops when the phone goes to sleep?
My 8x started pulling down the update, and after 30 secs or so the phone went to sleep. I thought the update had been completely pulled down, and that the phone was re-booting itself. But nothing happened, so after some time I pressed the power button. To my surprise, the phone then woke up and continued pulling down the update. Now I have to sit here with the phone in my hand and touch the screen every time it dims, so the phone wont go to sleep. This is not really my idea of how it should work. I cannot remember having to do this on my Android-gear. Why wont MS look at how other devices work and take the best parts from there?

EDIT: OK, so now the phone got 100% of the update down, and it has been stuck there for some time. Do I still have to watch the phone so it doesn't go to sleep?

OptimusDims

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So I got the updated yesterday and the bettery seemed ok when i left it overnight but this morning it has drained even quicker than usual. AND I just had a reboot. Not a great update for me so far...

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Be prepared for a long wait, O2 will have to test the update first, will probably take them several weeks, us O2 customers probably won't see anything before Christmas.

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My wife updated her 8X here in the U.S. And now all sounds are disabled, except the keys when typing. She said all sound settings are on and the phone works otherwise; has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to check when I get home to make sure, but wanted to see if this is specific to her device or an issue with many. Thanks
Update: the phone crackles a bit then doesn't play any sound and looks like its been happening on and off for two weeks now. Looks like its time to visit att, unless you guys have any suggestions.

There were a couple of HTC updates last week, and since then mine wont announce incoming texts any more !

EDIT Forget that message, I feel like a right stupid $?&^ !! Somehow it had gone onto to vibrate only instead of ring and vibrate. I had hoped that WP8 might have got a way around that happening I seemed to be always doing it on the WP7's I had ... yup am an idiot !

Last edited:

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Reports of updates seem to have dried up, are people still getting them or was this a very small test distribution from Microsoft as opposed to a full blown roll out?

This update is not in the US yet, so the first news come from all the Euro and Asian owners of the International version of the phone.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
There were a couple of HTC updates last week, and since then mine wont announce incoming texts any more !

EDIT Forget that message, I feel like a right stupid $?&^ !! Somehow it had gone onto to vibrate only instead of ring and vibrate. I had hoped that WP8 might have got a way around that happening I seemed to be always doing it on the WP7's I had ... yup am an idiot !

Nope you are not... I do that once and a while myself... but I know where to look for... LOL

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, i'll go to the bottom of our stairs, my sim locked, branded 8x on O2 UK just got the Portico update! Oh me of little faith! Good show Microsoft!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720