Anyone Know of a Good Car Mount for the 8x?

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm really missing the car mount that I had for my Droid X, was so nice just to pop it up there and use the navigation or call people easily... right now for my 8x, my cup holder is my car mount and not too happy with that.

So anyone know of a car mount that works well with the 8x?

pdt

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't really like the big, bulky, expensive mounts that you can buy everywhere. I got two small black plastic adhesive-backed cable clips - the kind you might use when routing cables under your desk to keep them off the floor. You can get them at Office Depot. They are easy to cut with scissors so you can remove any parts you don't need. They are just big enough for the phone to sit securely on them, and lean back against the dashboard. The charger cord goes down between the clips, and its weight keeps the phone seated securely on the clips. It's a simple, cheap solution that looks good since you can hardly see them.

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Check out "steelie.com" works with any phone. Mines just got delivered today

Very cool. Only downside is the permanent magnet on the phone. I was hoping it was something you could remove when not using. I'm gonna order the tabletop kit for my Nexus and see how that goes first. this will also allow me to mount my nexus in my car and use the navigation system through tethering with my 8X :)

ivirsnezbit

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Checkout

http://www.proclipusa.com

They make mounts for almost every car. They just release the 8x holders that attach to these mounts...they are a bit pricey, but build well and look nice.

There are a few different kinds from minimalistic, to charging mounts, with or without case & tilt and swivel mounts.

ivirsnezbit

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had a side mount one, not the vent mount, for my iPhone 3gs and it was great. It was the basic no frills and it fit the phone perfectly. It was solid and felt like a part of the car (vw gti 2008).

I went with them because I read good reviews and everything live up to what they said.

I plan on buying one after the holidays, if I don't get it for Christmas. My gf know how much I enjoyed it on my old car with my old phone, so I hope my few hints don't go unnoticed...haha

I will write up a small review + picture when I buy/receive it. But from past experience, they are well worth the money, even the basic one without the charger/tilt & swivel

ranphi

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone use the proclip? Any complaints?

I have not used a Proclip with my 8X just yet (placed my order today) but I have used Proclip mounts for some of my past phones (Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, maybe some others I've now forgotten about...) and they work great! There are 2 parts to their docks: one piece that attaches to your car and then the actual holder for your particular model of phone. If you look at their web site they explain what the 2 pieces are and how they work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99