8x Heating Up

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So apart from the battery drain issue (reviewed below in blue), I've noticed the past few days my device has begun to
heat up only after about 10 minutes of browsing twitter and sending texts. The temperature
gets probably between just warm and actually hot (if that makes sense). I woke up
in the middle of the night once to check it and it was this warm and I hadn't even been using it.

Has this been a common thing or could this device actually be defective? I wasn't sure
if the device warming also came with the battery drain issue or not. Is this something the impending
update could fix? Or should I try to get a replacement?

(battery drain issues include: losing 6% every hour in standby, no emails synced, nfc/bluetooth/wifi/attentive phone off, had phone for 6 days)

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Phone heat up with use. If you are in a low signal area, it could possible be searching for a signal.

Well I've had other smartphones that haven't gotten to this temperature before. My iPhone 4 would after heavy use...not after 10 minutes.

And this was my first thought was well but I was in full 4G signal over the weekend and it still did it.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I know exactly what you are going through. I have an 8X and IT DOES GET ABNORMALLY HOT. I have never ever been afraid to pocket my phone after use, being scared to get burned, lol, but seriously, it gets that hot after very little use. I believe it has everything to do with bugs and updates we have yet to receive.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Based on your other posts, I would recommend a replacement. It sounds like you have multiple issues and your phone may be defective.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss