Tiles have suddenly stopped launching

Serefina1825

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
When I woke up this morning, most of my live tiles stopped working. By which I mean, I would click on them, the tiles would all swirl away like it was opening the app, but then they would just all come back again. The app wouldn't launch, and I've tried over and over but get the same result every time, just kicking me back to the main screen. It mostly affects my email clients and social media tiles. I tried turning the phone off and on again, but the problem persisted. Does anyone have any advice? Maybe some kind of reset I could do that won't erase my data but might get rid of the problem? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

tbellz

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem for the last 3 days and your post is the first I've seen about anyone else having the same problem. I contacted Verizon and was told to wipe and reset my phone. I did that last night and the problem still persists today. I even refrained from downloading any of the apps I had in case one of them caused the problem - so that's no it either. It's really frustrating!!

Sorry I'm not much help, but wanted to let you know you're not alone!

Serefina1825

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
By any chance, did you just get a Surface? I have those two email accounts set up on my Surface that I got yesterday, and it seems like whenever I update my mail client on the Surface, the email tiles on my phone stop working... I can get them to work again briefly by doing a hard reset of the phone (hold down the power button for 15 seconds until it powers down and then on again) but the problem doesn't stay fixed. The Surface thing might be totally unrelated, but this problem only started when I got the thing yesterday...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720