HTC 8X 'Not for Resale' model owners post here!

WPMANatXDA

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Can all the users who have a 'Not for Resale' HTC 8X'es out there post here? It would be helpful too if you can post the following:
OS version:
Firmware revision number:
Hardware revision number:
Radio software version:
Radio hardware version:
Bootloader version:
How did you acquire the phone (is it yours, or a loaner):

Can it check for updates over the air or it just shows an error code? See Settings > Phone updates:
Does it have apps for testing (i.e. GCFsettings, NFCtool, etc. on the app list)?:

This is merely just to collate who has these 'Security Unlocked' devices and what version of the firmware they have. I have seen that a lot of users have this particular model were not successful in installing updates, be it via over the air, or by flashing using the RUU. In my case, my previous 8X shows an error code when trying to get an update (8007002). Specifically, what it wants is I should connect on a Microsoft corporate Wi-Fi network to get a provisioning profile of sort so the phone can get updates.

By the way, I had one which was given to me by HTC and I flashed it by using the RUU (RUU_ACCORD_U_APO_00_HTC_Europe_2.00.401.03_1.11b.32.19.23_2_15.42.32_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE) and it got stuck in a reboot loop. So I asked them if they can take a look at it, but they were not successful in reviving it. What they did? They gave me a new one, a new 'Not for Resale' unit. It came with a Security Unlocked bootloader(?) but the firmware version is much newer, the one with the Wi-Fi always on fix. The difference is that this one can check for updates easily, although it doesn't seem to see the latest one (the one which brought the option to automatically connect to Wi-Fi networks to save data).

I suppose they have a tool that let's them update 'Not for Resale' units? Can we get HTC to provide the users of that particular unit the 'tool', if they really have one?

Btw, here's my phone's info...

OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 1532.20.20000.707
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version: 1.11b.32.19.23_2_15.42.32.19 (seems to be the version on the latest RUU available, the one which failed to flash)
Radio hardware version: 2.126.0.D4
Bootloader version: 0.0.1532.20 (159852)
How did you acquire the phone (is it yours, or a loaner): Directly from HTC, given to me by an exec. Mine.
Does it have apps for testing (i.e. GCFsettings, NFCtool, etc. on the app list)?: Previous phone has those apps, new one don't.

Last edited:

dyun

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine:

OS version:8.0.9903.10
Firmware revision number:1532.20.10001.401
Hardware revision number: 002
Radio software version:1.10.32.19.06_03
Radio hardware version:2.126.0.d4
Bootloader version: 0.0.1532.20 (155177)
How did you acquire the phone (is it yours, or a loaner): this wasn't mine. It was bought online and I was not aware that it is a not for resale model phone.Tried to return but the seller did not want anymore : (
Can it check for updates over the air: Check Settings > Phone updates, and see if it can check or just throws an error code. Yes. error-code-80070002
Does it have apps for testing (i.e. GCFsettings, NFCtool, etc. on the app list)?: Yes

I am really hoping that they can provide tool because I really wanted to remove those testing apps and update the software.

SelfishMom

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you have the latest OS version; I still have 8.0.9903.10. I've heard that they roll them out by region, where are you?

dyun

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you have the latest OS version; I still have 8.0.9903.10. I've heard that they roll them out by region, where are you?
I was able to update to 8.0.10211.204 and it did remove the test apps. But it did still indicate the "not for resale" tag during the boot up. I followed the instruction from the XDA thread for 8x (not sure if Im allowed to post links here). hope this helps

htc8xman

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
anyone interested in buying one of these 'not for re-sale' 8x's? i have one barely used s-off etc etc. just testing the water to see if there is anyone that would want one of these?

retro_to_biggy58

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I was able to update to 8.0.10211.204 and it did remove the test apps. But it did still indicate the "not for resale" tag during the boot up. I followed the instruction from the XDA thread for 8x (not sure if Im allowed to post links here). hope this helps

update? or flash your unit?

Roobesh Thumiah

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just received my phone. Bought it from ebay and had the same problem. I could not update it at all and it was stuck on an old version. Well I could not live with that and with the help of Mr. Google, I found that a flash tool was being circulated over the net. All I had to do was to go in the bootloader and launch the application from the pc and voila! The application flashed my phone to an updated(but still old) version. From there, I could update via OTA. Had no problem since then but the 'Not for Resale' still appear when starting, but that is not a problem atleast for me :p

retro_to_biggy58

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just received my phone. Bought it from ebay and had the same problem. I could not update it at all and it was stuck on an old version. Well I could not live with that and with the help of Mr. Google, I found that a flash tool was being circulated over the net. All I had to do was to go in the bootloader and launch the application from the pc and voila! The application flashed my phone to an updated(but still old) version. From there, I could update via OTA. Had no problem since then but the 'Not for Resale' still appear when starting, but that is not a problem atleast for me :p

could you help me? what tools you used? your help is appreciated.

Roobesh Thumiah

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, here is the link.
How to: Flash original ROM for bricked HTC 8X after updating GDR2 | Tung's Blog
Just follow the steps there or just read below and you should make it :)

1) Download the RUU file(depends whether asia or europe).
2) Enter the Bootloader.
3) Connect USB cable and wait it shows USB on bottom of screen.
4) Launch the exe file.
5) It will start the flashing and then restart when finished.

*I'm not sure that it works for branded phones and also I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

Vignesh Devan

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
hi, this is vignesh devan , im facing some problems in my device htc 8x, like not getting regular updates while i could find same updates for my device os version 8.0.9903.10

Vignesh Devan

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Here's mine:

OS version:8.0.9903.10
Firmware revision number:1532.20.10001.401
Hardware revision number: 002
Radio software version:1.10.32.19.06_03
Radio hardware version:2.126.0.d4
Bootloader version: 0.0.1532.20 (155177)
How did you acquire the phone (is it yours, or a loaner): this wasn't mine. It was bought online and I was not aware that it is a not for resale model phone.Tried to return but the seller did not want anymore : (
Can it check for updates over the air: Check Settings > Phone updates, and see if it can check or just throws an error code. Yes. error-code-80070002
Does it have apps for testing (i.e. GCFsettings, NFCtool, etc. on the app list)?: Yes

I am really hoping that they can provide tool because I really wanted to remove those testing apps and update the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05