Red 8X owners.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
To any red 8X owners, could you post pics of your phone and your thoughts on the color?

I'm trying to decide between the red and the black. I had a black one for a while and liked it a lot more than I thought I would, but the red is the color I wanted originally. Unfortunately there's no way to compare them side by side, as the red one is only available online. As such I was hoping I could get some owner pics to help me decide. I've done a few searches, but decent pics of the red color are scarce. The only owner pics I've seen are in this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/206115-just-received-my-red-8x.html but he states it's a brighter red than the pics show. Anyone else have any to show off?

wazup113

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
yes i would like to see some pics too deciding between red and blue i know you could play it safe with black but windows phone is supposed to be colorful so why get black

wazup113

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Red is awesome! Much more hip than the blue or black in my opinion. It gets lots of attention from others too.
yea but since they put the blue on display i was ably to mess with colors to see if any didn't go together and most if not all(didn't have time to test them all) worked...how many colors do you think will work with red and i would believe the blue would get attention too

Last edited:

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the red dummy unit at work today. It looks slightly orangey. But definitely way cooler than the black or blue.
Do you work at a corporate Verizon store? I haven't been by mine in a couple weeks, but might stop by tomorrow if they might have a dummy unit to check out.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
yea but since they put the blue on display i was ably to mess with colors to see if any didn't go together and most if not all(didn't have time to test them all) worked...how many colors do you think will work with red and i would believe the blue would get attention too

All the color tiles look great. I thought the blue one looked more purple to me. At the end of the day, the insides are all the same and the phone is just kick ass and fast. The red is not orangey at all, imo, it's more like Chicago Bulls red

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went in to the Verizon store and asked if they had a dummy unit of the red. The girl looked in the back and they did, so I finally got to see it in person. Wow, it is bright. I'm still not sure about it, but at least I know now. Thanks for the input everyone.

chris7191

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I saw one today and I think it's slightly orangey, but looks good. In my opinion, it is in no way as dark of a red as a Bulls logo.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As a red 8X owner I have to agree with Chris. It's reddish-orange. Not like the bulls logo, not like a stop sign, not like a fire hydrant. It's hard to describe what real life thing it would compare to, it's very unique. :)

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have one and the color varies considerably depending on the lighting. The brighter it is in a room the more orange it comes off and while I'm not normally a fan or orange, it still looks really nice. If you get it in dim lighting is when it really looks *red* and it is absolutely stunning.

wazup113

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the extra input also guys. was going to go to a verizon today but never happened but i have time until my contracts ends(12/24)

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey man,

Head over to your nearest hardware supply store (I went to Lowe's) and find the paint color cards. Look for the Valspar 2009-4 (Fairmont Suite Clay Red). I've compared this card to my phone in a variety of lighting conditions, and this is a darn good match. The color card may be a *hint* lighter than the actual color of the phone... but that does vary depending on the angle of the phone. But if you want a good feel for the shade of red (pink-red vs orange-red), I'd advise you to grab that card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro