Black corners/streaks=heat issue?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Many people are reporting the corners of the 8x turning black as well as random black streaks on the backs of the devices. I wonder if it could be due to heat? Many people have reported their devices getting really warm. Others have said that the phones get hot during wireless charging. The corners of the phone are a prime area for heat to leak out from inside the device. Streaks on the back could be areas where the devices are coming in contact with heat from the wireless charging mats.

Heat could be causing the soft touch coating to discolor. This is just an idea I am throwing out there...what do you think?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds reasonable since I'm a Tmobile 8X owner and I have NO black corners or streaks. My pho e rarely even gets warm and I'm a heavy mobile gamer and Netflix addict. Wireless charging with a toss of heat could be causing the streaks.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The One X doesn't have a similar coating -- it's just plastic versus rubberized finish on the 8X.

There is a similar soft touch coating on the One X...many people reported it getting stained and/or rubbing off to show shiny polycarbonate underneath...similar to what people are reporting with the 8x.

It's unfortunate. One person even sanded off all of the soft touch coating on his One X and at the end had a shiny polycarbonate phone.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Those aren't US models then, which are coated with a hard metal-like substance. I have a One X as a test device and it is a nice phone (if you ignore the whole Android thing). ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans