Any battery improvements post update?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I was about to go to war with HTC and O2 over getting a replacement phone for the reboots, shutdowns and other problems I was having. After the update I reloaded all the apps I had logged back in to everything and haven't had a single issue since Friday morning. You saying about battery improvements I've just checked mine. Got 52% remaining. Last charge 1 day 1 hour ago. Estimated time remain 3 days!!! And I used my phone a lot yesterday. Playing games checking Facebook and twitter a few calls and texts bit of web browsing.

So yeah battery life post update. Big improvement

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The battery improvement is huge! Mine goes three times more than before - I was getting 24 hours battery life before the two updates, now I am getting 3 days.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely... depending on your use your phone will hold twice to three times as long. Look, before the update my OneXp was better on standby times than my 8X, since... the 8X matches or betters the OneXp standby times. And my OneXp also got all the updates. But once the screen is always on, the 8X holds longer than the OneXp, the big screen of the OneXp just eats away the battery. You will see a real big difference.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah big improvements! overnight consumtion has gone from about 20% down to about 8% (averaging 1% an hour), and that's with the wifi set to be on always connected. Very suprised with the battery improvements, must better than even my previous iphone.
Charged my phone to 100% before going to bed, next morning it had dropped 7-8% and the estimate was 6 days of battery remaining!

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting 15 hours of moderate to heavy use. With the always on WiFi I can get 24 hrs when I'm home.
Apart from the batteries settling in after the first few days (I got the 8X a month ago), the updated firmware may have something to do with these improvements.

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting 15 hours of moderate to heavy use. With the always on WiFi I can get 24 hrs when I'm home.
Apart from the batteries settling in after the first few days (I got the 8X a month ago), the updated firmware may have something to do with these improvements.

Are you saying that wifi always on improves battery? Should I always keep it on at home? I usually just turn it on to download big games and disable it again

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ive also noticed a wifi improvement - they must have boosted the wifi power as i can now get wifi in my bedroom which was impossible before

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos