Post photos of worn off soft touch coating?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody willing/able to post photos of their devices showing wear and tear of the soft touch coating? I would be interested to see what it looks like when it is actually worn off (black models especially). Thanks!

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, these are clearly not the best. I'll try and take some at home if I think about it on another camera. I had to use the front facing camera and a mirror...
I did not drop it or scratch the corner it just was like that in the morning after letting it sit on my dresser overnight...it's possible the wife knocked it or something but there is no clear damage to it except that the corner stretched out of the rubber. underneath it is a glassy/reflective looking black hard plastic so the damage is probably less noticeable on the black version. If it weren't for the entire back being coated in the rubber I would probably remove it from the outer front edge and it would still look nice. It's a very thin layer of rubber so it stays pretty flush with the interior plastic. The damage has spread very little, but I don't pick at it and it's always in my pocket by itself. It did that within the first 2 weeks of ownership.

WP_20121218_004.jpgWP_20121218_005.jpg

coast

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My black soft coating is coming off on the top right corner. The phone has been coddled and has never been dropped, bumped, or scraped. It spends most of its time flat on my desk or sitting upright, by itself, in the inside chest pocket of my sport coat. The worst that could have happened to that corner is that my finger touched it as I was holding the phone. And it looks like more and more will come off.

Here comes your $200-on-contract phone back to ya, Verizon.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Actually it feels "slicker". Not as soft. Feels harder.. And honestly slightly thicker. I passed around both phones at the office and everyone agreed, so I'm not crazy haha.

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
They must have done the same coating change on the OneX, because the demo model at AT&T felt a lot different than the one my wife ended up getting. Both are white. The 8x feels softer than her OneX, which seems to be holding up great.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, these are clearly not the best. I'll try and take some at home if I think about it on another camera. I had to use the front facing camera and a mirror...
I did not drop it or scratch the corner it just was like that in the morning after letting it sit on my dresser overnight...it's possible the wife knocked it or something but there is no clear damage to it except that the corner stretched out of the rubber. underneath it is a glassy/reflective looking black hard plastic so the damage is probably less noticeable on the black version. If it weren't for the entire back being coated in the rubber I would probably remove it from the outer front edge and it would still look nice. It's a very thin layer of rubber so it stays pretty flush with the interior plastic. The damage has spread very little, but I don't pick at it and it's always in my pocket by itself. It did that within the first 2 weeks of ownership.

I have exactly the same after 3 weeks of ownership. Not amused.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos