Is the screen good with scratches?

palfor03

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I am leaning towards 8x because the 920 screen looked all scratched up at my local at&t in comparison to other phones.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Saw that post. I've had mine over 2 weeks, no protector, no case. No scratches!! For $0.01.. REALLY!!!! MMMMM!! I love mine. I have more apps/games than I need, 2 continuous days of Hi quality music, and over 2.5gb free. I love this phone... Try it for a penny. If its not for you, go the other way. There's a thread about Best Buy's sales rankings, and 8X far surpasses Nokia in volume. Just sayin. Oh and HTC is rolling out Portico update in T-Mo tomorrow. Nokia does have some exclusive apps, but, I personally don't desire them. Bing maps I love.. I stream off Soundcloud using Audiocloud app daily. Words with friends while free, pales next to alphajax & words by post. As far as photos go. There's some lenses the have free, but you can get most of that in the WP store anyways. Loving Beats!! I listen to a lot of house, hip-hop and jungle/D&B...

Easy one handed operation, and its light in the pocket..

Try it for penny. I don't think you'll be disAPPointed. See what I did there.. ;)

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
it's as good as any other gorilla glass phone. it will get scratched eventually, no doubt about it, but likely hairline scratches that can only be seen in direct sunlight.

Sav_OK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
i just hope this gorilla glass is stronger then that in my s3, dropped once and screen was cracked like a spiders web... but so far not a mark after 2 weeks

jpp01uk

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had an s3 and have found the HTC 8X to be much harder wearing so far. No marks or scratches after a few weeks without a case. Impressed with it's sturdiness thus far.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
just dropped my from my waist tonight to the floor, good size scratch now :S actually surprised really.

between the staining corners and and easy scratched screen... I'm highly highly likely turned off and debating switching back to BB when BB10 launches.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
just dropped my from my waist tonight to the floor, good size scratch now :S actually surprised really.

between the staining corners and and easy scratched screen... I'm highly highly likely turned off and debating switching back to BB when BB10 launches.

Because BlackBerry has some super special glass that no one else knows about or uses that doesn't scratch when you drop your phone from waist height... getting annoyed with the soft touch is one thing but using a scratched display caused by your own negligence as a reason to be disappointed in a phone is another. No offense but HTC didn't drop your phone nor did they say the glass is scratch proof. I've never had a bad scratch on any smartphone display and even though I'm extremely careful I usually put a screen protector on it for occasions exactly like yours.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but that's just dumb that you're contemplating moving to BB10 when it launches because your GLASS scratched which that BB10 handset will also do once you drop it from waist height without a protector.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Because BlackBerry has some super special glass that no one else knows about or uses that doesn't scratch when you drop your phone from waist height... getting annoyed with the soft touch is one thing but using a scratched display caused by your own negligence as a reason to be disappointed in a phone is another. No offense but HTC didn't drop your phone nor did they say the glass is scratch proof. I've never had a bad scratch on any smartphone display and even though I'm extremely careful I usually put a screen protector on it for occasions exactly like yours.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but that's just dumb that you're contemplating moving to BB10 when it launches because your GLASS scratched which that BB10 handset will also do once you drop it from waist height without a protector.
hey lady... You ok? I lightly dropped the device on a carpet floor in my living room NOT exactly what I expect from gorilla glass 2 and all its hype. Dropping though yea yes it is my fault.

By the sounds of it you got annoyed with the name BB10... Which I never once said was going to be bullet proof nor do I bash on WP.

Contemplating switching over for a large number of reasons BUT I'm not even sure on that.

Tucker Jones

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine for a little over a month and the back is completely fine. The screen is great too!! Just a couple of small cracks that you can only see in the sunlight. Not a big problem
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa