How to get HTC app to show time + weather?

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I unpinned it and now when I pin it back it just shows the time. I added my location as another location and I pin that but then I get just the weather.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Double check that the background task didn't get blocked and try restarting the phone. Also you can try re-installing the app from the store.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
was it like that before you bought the phone?

I have a spare HTC 8S and It was perfectly fine

When I bought it the tile had weather and time. I removed it and now when I add it, it just has time. If I go add my location (which it already knows and displays the weather for) and add that as a tile I just get the weather and sun/fog/clouds etc behind the weather.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You need turn on your location on. Go to settings turn your location on. Go back to the app, click on refresh, let it find your place. Then you can go back later and turn off location

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
When I bought it the tile had weather and time. I removed it and now when I add it, it just has time. If I go add my location (which it already knows and displays the weather for) and add that as a tile I just get the weather and sun/fog/clouds etc behind the weather.

>3ibs....
Here's my experience (Verizon HTC 8X)....I accidentally removed the HTC app from the app list page. Thinking it could just be reinstalled from the Windows App Store. Wrong. I tried that several times...and while the HTC app does install....it seems to be a DIFFERENT version than the OEM that comes with the HTC 8X out of the box. The weather/stock/news parts would load from the HTC hub app, but I could never get the local temps to show on either the Start screen or on the Lock Screen. Uninstalled/installed app several times.

Thinking it might be a conflict with another app or too many apps installed or running (other posts have suggested possible load(?) limits in OS), I uninstalled all my d/l apps back to basic out-of-the-box condition. No joy.

Finally bit the bullet and went into Verizon where tech-guy suggested a hard re-set which is what I was prepared for. So I had backed up all my music/pics etc to hard drive at home. Previously had Systems/'Backup' saving my 'app list +settings', 'text messages', 'photos' and had the Verizon app Systems/'Backup Assistant Plus' sync 'Contacts'. And I made a list of the Store apps I had d/l for future re-d/l ref.

Verizon tech guy said he thought the HTC hub apps might be different versions and to do a hard reset. So hard reset it is. Then restored the 'Contacts' and 'Text messages' but NOT the app list(and apps)..b/c that would just reload the Windows Store app and the weather app problem. So a clean install of the OEM HTC Hub app was installed in the hard reset.

My 'Contacts', 'Text messages' were reloaded successfully from Backup option during re-set. I did have to manually transfer my music and pics from my hard drive (no big deal) and I did have to re-d/l my selected apps from the Windows App Store (good thing I made a list). A bit of time but still not a huge deal. And I did have to re-add email accounts....5 more minutes.

All is well now with joy to the world and weather on my Start and Lock Screens.
Hope this is helpful.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
>3ibs....
Here's my experience (Verizon HTC 8X)....I accidentally removed the HTC app from the app list page. Thinking it could just be reinstalled from the Windows App Store. Wrong. I tried that several times...and while the HTC app does install....it seems to be a DIFFERENT version than the OEM that comes with the HTC 8X out of the box. The weather/stock/news parts would load from the HTC hub app, but I could never get the local temps to show on either the Start screen or on the Lock Screen. Uninstalled/installed app several times.

Thinking it might be a conflict with another app or too many apps installed or running (other posts have suggested possible load(?) limits in OS), I uninstalled all my d/l apps back to basic out-of-the-box condition. No joy.

Finally bit the bullet and went into Verizon where tech-guy suggested a hard re-set which is what I was prepared for. So I had backed up all my music/pics etc to hard drive at home. Previously had Systems/'Backup' saving my 'app list +settings', 'text messages', 'photos' and had the Verizon app Systems/'Backup Assistant Plus' sync 'Contacts'. And I made a list of the Store apps I had d/l for future re-d/l ref.

Verizon tech guy said he thought the HTC hub apps might be different versions and to do a hard reset. So hard reset it is. Then restored the 'Contacts' and 'Text messages' but NOT the app list(and apps)..b/c that would just reload the Windows Store app and the weather app problem. So a clean install of the OEM HTC Hub app was installed in the hard reset.

My 'Contacts', 'Text messages' were reloaded successfully from Backup option during re-set. I did have to manually transfer my music and pics from my hard drive (no big deal) and I did have to re-d/l my selected apps from the Windows App Store (good thing I made a list). A bit of time but still not a huge deal. And I did have to re-add email accounts....5 more minutes.

All is well now with joy to the world and weather on my Start and Lock Screens.
Hope this is helpful.

Seems like a lot of work for one app but I think I'm gonna try it. How do I do a hard reset? Can I do it in the phones settings?

Edit: I reset from the settings and now the tile works like before! Thanks fo your help

Last edited:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm amazed how the HTC weather app lacks locations. I wanted to add an additional city and it doesn't have any of the nearby cities as options, even Carbondale, which has a population of 26K. Ridiculous. Is there any way around this?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm amazed how the HTC weather app lacks locations. I wanted to add an additional city and it doesn't have any of the nearby cities as options, even Carbondale, which has a population of 26K. Ridiculous. Is there any way around this?
On Android I used to always hack the location listing to add the cities that I needed. Don't know if/how you can do that in WP8. And quite honestly, no interest. My way around it, Amazing Weather app for now, no lock screen. Probably better uses for the lock screen than weather anyway..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786