Update for Verizon

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
For whatever reason that's the word spreading around over there. Because believe it or not, the majority of our calls revolve around updates.

I could reach to the MS rep and see if he can get anything more "concrete".

FnMag

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
No update here either. I've had mine 2 weeks and had one 3 days in. I've had to reset twice and the battery blows. The more I use it the more I wish I'd spent my upgrade on another apple product. This is due to the almost Zero Google compatibility that I've become accustomed too.

Wonder what the odds are of an exchange...

Last edited:

IainWhite

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No update here either. I've had mine 2 weeks and had one 3 days in. I've had to reset twice and the battery blows. The more I use it the more I wish I'd spent my upgrade on another apple product. This is due to the almost Zero Google compatibility that I've become accustomed too.

As the owner of an Apple iPhone I assure you that the Google compatibility is also quickly being phased out as fast as Apple can. Maps and now Mail were integrated but now require downloads and don't have the same integration they used to. If you must have Google stuff then Android will be your best phone choice.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

my battery is fine, and i switched off gmail to outlook.com a while back and whatever email goes to my gmail box gets forwarded to outlook.

FnMag

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I guess my main issue is that I am trying to get office to get my mail. Am I doing something wrong?

I do have my accounts linked right now, but it seems every three days I am having to re-enter my imap setting for @me.com.

So I guess my question is am I expecting something from office that just isn't there and I am doing it correctly?

Sorry for getting OT.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm not with Verizon, I'm actually with Bell in Canada and the whole update process is ridiculous!!!! I called Bell to ask them as to when they will push the update since in a article from MobileSyrop said that Rogers did push the update, Bell told me to call HTC. So I called HTC and asked and the tech on the phone told me that the update was push only in Europe. I said to him that some people in the US and in Canada with certain carriers got the update. So then he told the information that the update for Bell will only be push in January or February.

Maybe if one of you guys that are with Verizon could call them or call HTC to ask them when the update will be push to Verizon customers so we could maybe have a better idea.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Every update that has been released with Windows Phone, has hit Verizon last. Not sure why, but in the U.S., we seem to always be the last ones.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Bump... Any new rumors on portico for Verizon users?

I don't have news specifically about the portico update but when i was calling to order my red 8x, i asked my rep about the portico update....I let him know that at&t and t-mobile had an update
for bug fixes for the Nokia and HTC phones and i was wondering if he had any knowledge on this update.

He asked me where i heard this from...i told him from web forums.

and he's like "I don't see why verizon would not update the phone if at&t and t-mobile have. You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet because it is probably a company trying to create rumors."

I was like 'dude....it's not a rumor when their customers are verifying they got the update."

Sorry just wanted to share that amusing moment with a VZ rep :p

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm a long time Verizon / WebOS user. I can tell you its been my experience that Verizon was always months behind than the other carriers when it came to updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven