Front Facing Camera

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I love everything on my 8x. The very first time I opened the camera, it was set to the rear one by default (like it is supposed to be), but then after trying to switch it to the front facing camera, it's black as if it was covered or not connected in some way. Any suggestions would be amazing.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Click on the front facing camera, then click on the three little dots and it should bring you up to the settings options. On settings make sure everything is on default. If not you might have a bad one

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Update: Well after it not working with restarting phone or the suggestion ny_yankees provided, I noticed it was at 30% battery. So I charged it fully and now it works. Somehow it works. Oh well thanks for the help

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting. Glad to see its working for you. We found out that the flash doesnt work once the battery is about under 30%, now the front facing camera doesn't work either? this is quite absurd

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting. Glad to see its working for you. We found out that the flash doesnt work once the battery is about under 30%, now the front facing camera doesn't work either? this is quite absurd

I think that might be because you have battery saver enabled. I'm going to try and recreate the problem once my phone is at 30% battery and see if charging it was the solution needed.

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Yep, so I was not able to recreate the problem, but I was able to find out my headphone jack wasn't working properly lol. Wasn't reconizing headphones being plugged into the phone. After a couple of restarts it finally worked. So word of advice to people having troubles with the phone functions not working properly, restart a couple times to see if it helps at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss