Local Scout does not work HTC 8X

harsha_nails

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have tried everything

1. Changed the language/region settings to United states (local scount icon comes up but does not show any results)
2. Location turned on/suggestions allowed
3. I thought the problem was with my live account, so I reset the phone. Created a new live account with language as US(English) and region as US

Still nothing, I am extremely disappointed with this because I was looking forward to local scout as a bing feature. Due to this I cannot even search for landmarks using Maps- Get directions

:unhappy:

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It works for me but the results it comes back with are pretty useless. Out of the 20 restaurants it lists in my area, 5 of them have been closed for several years...

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've talked to WindowsPhoneSupport and they told me that the local scout is not available to all regions. I know on WP7.5 we could setup "US for browser and search" and it would work anywhere but not anymore.

Maybe if people would write up their settings and region it would give us a better idea of where it is working.

Region: Canada
Browser & search: US English
With those settings above I do get the local scout icon in Bing search
On WP7.5: it worked
On WP8: it doesn't work

coast

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It works on my 8X...sort of. It returns only 20 results for any given search, and in an urban area, that gives you places within about a block and a half of your location. So...basically useless.

Anyone know how to make Local Scout return more than 20 results?

Teja1

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. In fact, my wife has the 8x and I have the Samsung ATIV S. Both give me the same issue with no results. However my old Lumia 800 and my wife's old Samsung Focus it worked just fine...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss