Hi,

Are there any 8X users on T-Mobile/Orange/EE that have their carrier name showing as "Virgin"?

I have tried inserting 2 different T-Mobile SIM on 2 different 8X devices (which as a matter of fact was done by Phones4U) and they both showed Virgin as the carrier instead of T-Mobile or EE. I have told HTC about this and the customer support representative escalated this so I am waiting for a response but I just thought maybe some other people are having this problem as well so then maybe we could tell HTC that this is a bug that most or all users are experiencing.

While the carrier name is shown as "Virgin" (which as far as I am concerned is T-Mobile) or "virgin" (Orange), all services are functioning fully and flawlessly. Also manually selecting the carrier was of no help to me.

Thanks
    12-23-2012 12:24 PM
    I had mine show ATT before, only thing I can think of is to turn roaming off & see if its still there
    12-23-2012 12:31 PM
    I have an unlocked 8x on orange and it says 'EE'.
    12-24-2012 05:24 PM
    I had this problem and it kept only showing ATT radio's. I took it into the TMO store and they saw there was a problem with my account. For some reason, TMO shut off my account, and since the phone could not validate my SIM onto a TMO radio, it tried ATT's. Once the account was re-activated, it found the TMO radio and was happy.
    12-24-2012 06:10 PM
    Mine shows tmobile and the only instance that it showed another carrier was ATT, that was with roaming on and it was only for a hot second.
    12-24-2012 10:36 PM
    I had this problem and it kept only showing ATT radio's. I took it into the TMO store and they saw there was a problem with my account. For some reason, TMO shut off my account, and since the phone could not validate my SIM onto a TMO radio, it tried ATT's. Once the account was re-activated, it found the TMO radio and was happy.
    So you're saying the problem was from your SIM/TMO Account, not the phone itself? I have tried every single setting in the phone but it does not make any difference except that it switches from Virgin to virgin (which I think is from TMO to Orange)

Can anyone else on T-Mobile UK confirm that their phone is showing "EE" as the carrier and not Virgin or anything else?
    12-25-2012 06:47 AM
    Mine shows T-mobile, and like others has also shown ATT, I'm assuming this was do to Roaming.
    12-26-2012 07:23 AM