8X Users on T-Mobile/Orange/EE, do you have this problem?

ZMeshign

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Are there any 8X users on T-Mobile/Orange/EE that have their carrier name showing as "Virgin"?

I have tried inserting 2 different T-Mobile SIM on 2 different 8X devices (which as a matter of fact was done by Phones4U) and they both showed Virgin as the carrier instead of T-Mobile or EE. I have told HTC about this and the customer support representative escalated this so I am waiting for a response but I just thought maybe some other people are having this problem as well so then maybe we could tell HTC that this is a bug that most or all users are experiencing.

While the carrier name is shown as "Virgin" (which as far as I am concerned is T-Mobile) or "virgin" (Orange), all services are functioning fully and flawlessly. Also manually selecting the carrier was of no help to me.

Thanks

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem and it kept only showing ATT radio's. I took it into the TMO store and they saw there was a problem with my account. For some reason, TMO shut off my account, and since the phone could not validate my SIM onto a TMO radio, it tried ATT's. Once the account was re-activated, it found the TMO radio and was happy.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine shows tmobile and the only instance that it showed another carrier was ATT, that was with roaming on and it was only for a hot second.

ZMeshign

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem and it kept only showing ATT radio's. I took it into the TMO store and they saw there was a problem with my account. For some reason, TMO shut off my account, and since the phone could not validate my SIM onto a TMO radio, it tried ATT's. Once the account was re-activated, it found the TMO radio and was happy.

So you're saying the problem was from your SIM/TMO Account, not the phone itself? I have tried every single setting in the phone but it does not make any difference except that it switches from Virgin to virgin (which I think is from TMO to Orange)

Can anyone else on T-Mobile UK confirm that their phone is showing "EE" as the carrier and not Virgin or anything else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb