Are most folks happy with their 8X?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't regret my purchase, but the "new" is definitely starting to wear off. Actually, around the charger port and flash, it is wearing off quite literally! The matte finish is peeling away on my phone. I didn't want to get a case, since it is a beautiful phone, but I guess I'll have to.

I have the Verizon version and I wouldn't call it my favorite phone of all time, but it is a great improvement (understatement) over the Trophy. I love the wireless charging, the screen and camera (the Trophy's worst specs), the HTC app, and battery life. I've had two reboots since I've owned it, but they didn't really bother me. I have also been underwhelmed when it comes to apps. I wish that Microsoft would get it together when it comes to Xbox Music, and I wish there were more WP8 apps (I'm looking at you, WPCentral!). I also wish there were more apps that actually used the lenses feature. However, most of my complaints can be fixed with time, so I've been trying to be patient.

rgba32bit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Very happy. I really like the look and feel of the thing. So far the weave reader is my most used app as well as metro radio. All n all good stuff.

KeepAustinWeird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with my 8X on T-Mobile. After the recent update, battery life improved even further.

2 gripes:
1. The wake button is too far flushed in. Sometimes takes couple of attempts. Ideally, would have loved press of windows button (center) to wake up the phone
2. Navigation really sucks with bing (more on MS)

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
2 gripes:
1. The wake button is too far flushed in. Sometimes takes couple of attempts. Ideally, would have loved press of windows button (center) to wake up the phone
2. Navigation really sucks with bing (more on MS)

HTC has always had quality issues with the freakin power\wake button. On every HTC android phone and the hd7 I've had, the power button was too recessed. Had to use finger nail to press.

wazup113

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
love mine so far had it since tues. morning and not charging my battery tonight and still have 39 percent i have red and no black stuff no problem that devices have just a design flaw which is the power button you get used to it but it is so flush that today while i wasn't looking i was pressing the bottom of the phone because it was upside down and didnt realize it until i looked...a case power button covered or not covered will fix it but still have to decide
mine it verizon so no update yet but battery will only get better

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine for 7 weeks now on O2 in the UK and I cannot fault it. I did suffer with the reboot problem but once I got the Portico update that problem was sorted right away and since then I have had no problems with it. Battery life is better than previous Windows 7.x phones I have owned and the screen clarity is fantastic. If I have a tiny niggle about it then it is the fact that there is no way to use a memory card, but it may well be that I will never actually need one, only time will tell that ! I am more than delighted and give it 12 out of 10 !

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
HTC 8X is awesome! I was aware of reboots when bought it, but after update everything works.
I miss Instagram and Flipboard, but apps will come. I'm very satisfied with it and I'm also getting positive response from my friends who are curious about my new phone, they all like it and are surprised how cool it looks and feels.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My first 8x died within 24 hours of getting it. Had to get a new one. This second one, its been 3 weeks already and so far its going great

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with mine, all my family (Android and iOS) users wanted to play with it over Christmas and commented how pretty it looks. Only complaint is that Nokia Lumia phones get a lot more exclusive apps, HTC doesn't have anything good. That's only a temporary issue, eventually exclusivity will run out, so it was worth the trade off for me. IMO its the most beautiful phone from an aesthetic design that is available now for any phone OS.

No battery issues, no discoloration, no creaking or anything. Phone and screen feels solid, and I have no scratches or anything and don't use a case or screen protector.

rgba32bit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else think it's weird how many thread their are going over to death anything negative, android bb ios advocacy... I thought there would be more here's how to use this feature or my favorite app is threads. I'm glad for the first few threads on battery issues because of the tips I've double my battery life. It just seems weird.

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
I really liked the 8x but in the end I returned it and these are the reasons why.

1. No email attachment capability for documents within the email app.
2. Battery life, it is great if you leave the brightness on low, but put it on high and it is like watching a Hummer guzzle gas.
3. No way to increase standby time over 10 minutes. This is a real pain when driving long distances and streaming Slacker or Music and have to struggle to turn the device back on, even when it is connected to a power source.
4. No navigation and the expensive market apps aren't worth the cost.
5. Charging beep when placing on wireless charger or plugging in power cord.
6. No way to change voice mail login to include the password on Verizon phones. Creates safety hazard while driving.
7. Notifications disappear too quickly.
8. Very limited email and Office functionality.
9. Unintuitive multitasking.
10. Coating started to rub off in two weeks.

I really do like Windows 8, they just need to fix at least half of my issues before I would get one again. I can deal with the lack of apps, but the basic functions need to be fixed quickly in an update. What I loved about this phone: perfect size, great display, clearest call quality I have ever had on a Verizon phone, best and loudest music sound, best Bluetooth connections with my car and Bluetooth stereo (hands free text message read and reply right through my car system) only phone that will do that in my car, simple interface, wireless charging, camera.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Best phone I have ever had, stylish hardware, excellent software, had a few rebooting issues initially, but that went away after portico.

Lean4838

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with my 8X! I am also very excited to see the future of this device! It has a lot of room for improvement (specially in the OS part), but that's why I like it! Lots of ways to make it an even more great phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos