Are most folks happy with their 8X?

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to hear folks general level of satisfaction with the 8X. I see lots of complaints about battery problems, reboots, etc. on the forums, but I like the look and feel of the phone and am wondering if that it's just a case of folks with problems tending to post more than folks who are totally happy.

Thanks!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well most of the problems are caused by the Skype beta app and the remainder of them have been resolved with the portico update. I've had my 8X since Saturday and haven't experienced any of those issues and it's been an amazing phone so far.

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've never really had a problem with my 8X, the battery has been fine, I haven't had no reboots, although I have had the phone freeze twice once when I was using the camera and the other I think it was because my phone was about to die from a battery drain.

Ryan32

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to hear folks general level of satisfaction with the 8X. I see lots of complaints about battery problems, reboots, etc. on the forums, but I like the look and feel of the phone and am wondering if that it's just a case of folks with problems tending to post more than folks who are totally happy.

Thanks!

I've had my Verizon 8X since release day here in the US. I haven't experienced any battery issues (never installed skype though). I haven't experienced any reboots either. This has been the best experience on a mobile phone that I've had so far... For reference i've owned Iphone 3GS/Evo 4G/Galaxy Nexus/HTC Arrive/Lumia 900/iPhone 5. I typically buy a new phone every 4-6 months out of boredom. That being said, i am pretty content with the 8X, I just hope that Microsoft pushes some updates to add a proper notification center (yeah yeah livetiles etc. I still want notification center), as well as picking up some key apps.

I'd say if you think WP8 is what you want, 8X is a fantastic phone to go with.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Verizon 8x, best phone I have ever used bar none. No problems what so ever and a stellar battery.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

mynameisJohn_q

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the HTC 8X is an amazing phone honestly. I've had no reboots, and overall solid battery life. I like the feel of the phone and honestly I'm extremely satisfied with the phone.
And there is the usual fact that people who have little problems usually don't go to support forums.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Love it so far! I haven't really tested the battery life to its fullest yet. I know it takes a few charges to get it going. Not one reset and I even have Skype (which is soo beta). As for storage space I am really utilizing Skydrive and Xbox Music Cloud storage. Recording video definitely takes a lot of space but then as soon as I sync up with skydrive via wifi I delete them. There are some apps that need to be updated (black bars on top!). Tons of the WP7 games I want are not on WP8 so hopefully they get updated soon. A great start to Windows Phone 8 and I look forward to more advance devices in the future.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with my 8x. I had 1 reboot since day 1 and I've had my phone since about 2 weeks after it was released. The battery life is ok. It last me a full day. I love the style of the phone. I was originally going to go with the 920 but I liked the look and feel of the 8x better.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Well most of the problems are caused by the Skype beta app and the remainder of them have been resolved with the portico update. I've had my 8X since Saturday and haven't experienced any of those issues and it's been an amazing phone so far.

I love my 8X, but only T-Mobile and unlocked users have gotten the Portico update.

I'm kicking myself for being on AT&T. They haven't even announced plans for Portico for the 8X on that carrier.

Koato8

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE my 8x, there of course are some disappointing aspects like navigation and lack of limelight yellow(I have the Cali blue) on Verizon, apps unavailable, but seriously.. love it.

My photos autoupload to skydrive so I can pull them down on my SurfaceRT(in use NOW) or my beastly desktop PC, the people app is such a pleasure to use, the design is great. I can not put this phone down. The WP8 OS is best in class, I have used iOS, Android, BB, and I will not switch back.

Sheikmans

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
No reboots, no battery issues. My best phone ever. WP8 is also highly recommended.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Love mine. I've had it since day one and haven't had any problems at all.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Tvan15

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on release day from Verizon and still absolutely love it. It randomly shut off on me once, but have had no other problems since and other than that I have nothing but great things to say about it. Highly recommend it.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am loving it. Was hoping Verizon would get the Lumia 920, at first, but no regrets. After using it, in my opinion, just as good as the Lumia 920. It is a great phone and have had no issues.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't be happier, screen looks nicer, no reboots, battery problems, nice pictures (very underestimated, know your settings noobs) lighter, more eye popping for me, and audio is superb when hooked up to studio equipment and my Monster Purity In Ears.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers