Crackling left ear piece using headphones

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Tried using 2 different ear phones today, both during calls and listening to music. The left ear piece seems to crackle, even after adjusting the volume. Hardware issue possibly? Software?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nobody else having problem with headphone/ear bud crackling sounds?

This happens with beats audio turned on and with it turned off. Just the left ear, too.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I plugged in my phone in my car with an aux cable and I heard this annoying crackling noise. If I lowered the fall down, it would disappear. This is definitely a hardware issue on HTC's part

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I plugged in my phone in my car with an aux cable and I heard this annoying crackling noise. If I lowered the fall down, it would disappear. This is definitely a hardware issue on HTC's part

Annoying and scary. Everything else with the phone is fine (except a slight backlight issue with the home button). I use headphones a lot, so the crackling sound is unacceptable. Unfortunately I am afraid to swap it for a new one because I don't want the problem swapped for a different one.

I really don't want soft touch coating staining/wearing off, rebooting issues, screen lifts, light leaks, etc...none of which I have had with this device (10 days and counting). Ugh. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and get this replaced before the 14 day window runs out.

flierman

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, sound goes off suddenly and i have to reboot. Also crackling noise, worked fine first week but today multiple times... Htc 8s, hope they fix this soon!

flierman

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Itis getting worse, out of 10 times the volume stops working 8 and i have to restart phone. If it doesn't get a fix i will have to leave my 8s since this is not okay....

Tom Cressey

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Having this exact issue on the HTC 8X, a Beats phone designed with audio as a priority. When thrown in with the multitude of insanely obvious and inconvenient problems I've also encountered in my 3 months with this phone, I'm incredibly disappointed.
This is totally unacceptable, how this phone ever got out the factory in this condition I will never know. Shameful.

Has anyone come across a fix? Seems to me that there are no audio settings I can adjust to try and repair it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, my commutes are plagued with crackling :(

chomsky11

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the crackle as well, and also have trouble with my in-ear headphones no longer working with the device. The 3.5 mm input doesn't recognize them anymore. My home cans work, but I'm not one of those doofus' that walks around wearing cans in public. It's disappointing, I am now going to have to either go through the hassle of trying to exchange an EOL (T-Mobile) device and possibly be stuck with the same problem or buy an iPod shuffle for music and be done with it. I'm overall very satisfied with the phone but you're right, a phone that touts its audio specs shouldn't have basic issues with playing audio.

Update: just got a replacement 8X from T-Mo after having the 3.5 mm plug stop recognizing earphones. That problem is fixed on the new one (for now) but the crackle is still there as well. Must be across the board on all 8X's. So annoying.

Last edited:

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had this crackle, in the left ear of 3 different sets of earphones when using the 8x, and now in all three sets the left earbud does not work on my phone, or my laptop, or any other music player (It plays the music but will so as such a low volume that it is almost inaudible). Could it be that the phone is actually damaging the left earphone? I originally thought that it was the earphones being faulty or I had damaged them somehow. Has anyone else had this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro